Chapter 19

"Everything looks fine. If you injure yourself again please make it a priority to give us an immediate visit" said the healer.

"What about quidditch" said Charlotte hopeful

"Unfortunately quidditch is off the cards for this season. We can't risk any imidiate injury, however that could change"

The look of dissapointment didn't go unnoticed on charlottes face. However a reassuring squeeze from her parents told them everything would be okay.

"I do have an honest question, how have you been doing Charlotte. I know it's easy to put up a facade  in front of your parents"

Charlotte sighed. She didn't want to let her parents know how she was actually feeling.

"I just... I feel like I'm a burden, I feel like I'm constantly in peoples way. And the constant supervision, it's all a bit to much. i mean i don't think i've really had an peace and quiet since you know, i've left the durselys. I haven't even left this property. everyone just thinks that i'm a glass doll, thats gonna break at any moment, and everyones treading on eggshells like im not a normal person" charlotte sunk back in her seat avoiding eye contact with those around her

"How would you like people to act around you miss potter" 

"I wan't them to act normal, i'm not gonna try and kill myself again if that's what you want to hear. No one would have questioned anything if i wasn't here regardless. i mean no one would have know i was dead untill the semester started and i wasn't on the train. by then it would have been to late anyway. Dudly would have probably thrown my body in the trash, maybe after using it as a punching bag, but all that would have been left was the blood stains on the carpet. even then no one would have questioned anything cause charlotte potter's the girl who fucking lives. gets spoilt by her relatives waited on hand and knee who has everything she ever wanted". charlotte sighed, she didn't want to meet her parent's eyes. 

"Are we done here" she didn't wait for an answer before walking out of the room, not caring to acknowledge the calling from behind her. 

xxxxxxx

"Mr and Mrs potter, i would recomend giving her some space, it might do you both some good"

"we are just trying to protect her" said lily sighing and leaning back into james embrace 

"She's grown up all her life without protection. for as long as she can remember shes been on her own. i don't think her relatives cared even slightly for her. she's very unstable right now. theres something else that i did not wish to discus while Charlotte was here"

"Why shouldn't charlotte hear it if it has to do with her health"

"Charlotte is a child, however given the abuse that she endured i have ran some tests, due to the damage of the uterus, the chances of your daughter being able to carry children are slim to none. It's a very confronting thing for a 15 year old to hear, let alone because of something that she couldn't help".  

xxxxxx

Charlotte felt as if her whole life had just fallen apart around her. She couldn't have children. The one thing she wanted most in life was just ripped out from underneath her. She knew that something was wrong, she had that gut feeling. No pain in the world could even compare to what charlotte was feeling. She hadn't realised the liquid streaming down from her face, or the small sobs that escaped her lips. However small It didn't stop Lilly from running out of the room to comfort her daughter.

Before lilly even got the chance Charlotte was running even further away from reality. Nothing would ever fill the hole that was now left empty in her heart. she didnt even notice that 30 minutes had passed. She didn't register the door being unlocked or the loud footsteps slowly entering her room. The feeling of her body being pressed against her lovers did not register with her. to blinded by the tears and heartbreak. 

Charlotte didn't even notice herself slowly giving into the pull of sleep. reality was slipping away from her, fighting off the pull of exhaustion was impossible. reality was slipping away and she only hoped that she would not live to see morning, whilst it was a long shot, she could only hope that the morning would come without her in it