Chapter 18

Charlotte hadn't come out of her bedroom for a week. Despite the persistence of her parents and friends she ignored them. She was even unconvinced but George leave her to her own self deprecating thoughts. The only sign that she was still alive was the blasting of bohemian rhapsody filling the hallway outside the bedroom.

"What did you even say to get her so mad" asked Ron, trying to think of a justifiable reason why Charlotte would have taken these actions.

"We just suggested that maybe she give hogwarts a miss this year, we suggested teaching here everything from the comfort of her own home. We even talked to the healers and they suggested that that was a good idea".

"Oh for merlins sake" said George. The stomping of feet could be heard walking up the stairs towards the darkens corridor of charlottes room.

"Alohomora" said Fred imidiately unlocking the door.

"George!, ever heard of privacy" screamed Charlotte from her position on top of the bookshelf.

"Ever head of overreacting" said Fred back as a snark remark.

Charlotte was pouting. The pair didn't break eye contact, the piercing glares from each of them causing no one to break there intense stare.

"CHARLOTTE POTTER, GET DOWN FROM THE BOOKSHELF RIGHT NOW" screamed lily potter. The rath of an angry mother is more dangerous then anything and child could experience. Charlotte immediately jumped down from the bookshelf.

"We need to talk" said George dragging her from the bedroom to the Loungeroom sofa, ignoring Charlotte outbursts of pain.

"I know I know, I'm definitely in the wrong, but please listen to me, before you get up me. I haven't been able to make any decisions for months, someone else has always made them for me. And for once I just wanna be my own person. I'm sorry mum and dad but I cannot go a whole year without hogwarts. Hogwarts will always be my home, and I can't let that go"

The atmosphere in the room instantly settled, as tense as it was charlottes actions were now justified, and had reasoning behind them.

"We're sorry if you feel like we are pushing this onto you. It is your decision. We will speak with the hogwarts staff and see if there is anything they can do to accomodate for your temporary needs" said James instantly seeing charlottes smile.

"Thank you thank you thank you" said Charlotte instantly jumping onto her parents arms.

"I have a question, what I'm merlins beard were you doing on top of the bookshelf". Said George. A blush instantly making its way onto charlottes cheeks.

"I really don't know, It seemed visually appealing" said Charlotte sinking down causing the room to ignite into laughs.

Xxxxx

"Charlotte dinners ready" called Lilly from the kitchen.

" I think you may have forgotten something" said Charlotte flicking a page in her book from the sofa.

"No I haven't" said lily smiling.

"Did I hear dinner" said James and Sirius in unison poking there heads through the door.

"Trust you to actually show up when there's food involved" said lily James and Sirius both making themselves comfortable around the table.

"Come on honey, come have something to eat" said lily trying to hide the grin on her face.

"Charlottes face instantly broke into a glare and her hands gestures towards the tube.

"Did I not tell you. I spoke to st mungos today. They told us we were able to try you on solid food again, just for the night and then we will take you in for a checkup tomorrow" said lily.

Charotte face instantly lit up, a big smile appearing on her face.

"Really" she exclaimed jumping up and down in excitement.

A laugh instantly escaped Lily's lips.

"Come on hon or else it'll get cold" she said placing a plate on the table for her and Charlotte.

"Finally some decent food, what are we having" said Charlotte flying towards the table.

"It's pasta, it's just basic to see how your stomach will take it"

Charlotte finally felt like people understood. No more hiding in the shadows no more hiding her feelings and true self. Now there was just the problem of childhood trauma, and opening up about everything. But that could wait. For now, she was focusing on the present, that top would come later

Heyyy all sorry this has taken so long to update, as you can see the title I have put this on temporary hold as updates will be slow and I will get to them as soon as I can

Hope you all have a merry Christmas and festive holidays