Chapter 13: Conflicts

Veronica's P.O.V.

After finishing the day at school and getting cheer practice over with, I decided to go home. Not to the Forbidden Forest or mine and Wyatt's home. I needed to get out of there for a while. I decided to leave Willa in charge for the rest of the day, since I told her to inform the pack to not wait up.

I didn't need to get anything from the house since I had some spare necessities and everything back at my real home, which I was currently standing in front of.

Taking a deep breath, I used the key and got inside. I saw that it was empty, but I didn't care. I decided to leave a note for my parents in case they got back later. I felt more at ease in here and decided to just go upstairs to my old bedroom. It was nice going back in there and seeing it the same way I left it when I joined the pack. I caressed the silk, pastel pink covers I had before kicking my shoes off and laying down.

My phone dinged and I saw a message from Rose. One of the wolves from the den who was the daughter of Elder Raven; who was my mother's Beta during her reign.

'Alpha, where are you? I came by to yours and Wyatt's house, but no one is here.'

I replied by saying I was fine and that I'm at my parents' house and will most likely stay there for the night. I reminded her that Willa and Wynter would be in charge of the pack for the rest of the day.

Once I got to the home screen, I saw the picture I had set of me and my ex-mate during one of our dates. It was at a carnival and the both of us were kissing on the Ferris Wheel. I teared up before I changed it to a default wallpaper and shut it off.

I took one of the pillows and hugged it to my chest before sobbing my eyes out in my old room. The exhaustion and fatigue I developed from the incident to now caught up to me. Before I knew it, I succumbed to the darkness.

+++++++

I woke up to the sound of the front door shutting and my parents talking. Getting up, I went to my bathroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror. Blood-shot eyes, stained cheeks from mascara, eyeliner and tears, and a puffy nose.

I turned on the sink and got a washcloth before soaking it and wiping my face. Once I was done, I took a deep breath and made it downstairs to the kitchen, where I saw my mom getting things ready for dinner while my dad was setting the table. Ethan was in the living room and had the T.V. turned on to some Pokemon.

"Hey."

They looked at me and smiled before my mom hugged me tightly. Claire may be my biological mother, but Maria will always be my mom. I love them both equally, but she raised me as her own.

She pulled away before my dad went to hug me as well. I smiled as I felt the warmth I missed from them. "Welcome home, sweetheart. We missed you so much."

Ethan came running to me and basically jumped on me. "I missed you, Sissy!"

I smiled as I ruffled his hair. "I missed you too, buddy."

"Things have been off without you here, but it just got even better." my mom said.

"I'm happy to be back. Listen, is it okay if I stay for the night?" I asked.

"Sure! You can invite Wyatt too if you want!" she added.

My breath hitched and I froze. My dad noticed this and put his hand on my shoulder. "Veronica? Are you okay?"

I shook my head. "Wyatt isn't going to be around anymore."

"Why's that?"

I looked at them as I tried to fight the tears from coming back. "I think it's best if we sit down."

"Go and watch Pokemon, buddy." I told my brother, who ran to the couch and continued on with watching his favorite show.

All three of us sat at the table and I fiddled with my fingers before telling them everything that happened. It was tough, reminiscing the whole incident, but I had to get through it. By the time I finished, my mom had a look of sympathy while my dad had a look of anger.

"Why would he hurt you like that? He imprinted on you, dammit! How can someone like him who's supposed to be this tough Alpha male be deceived so easily by sushi?" he said, clenching his fists.

"Well, we don't have to worry about it. I already removed his status as my mate and Alpha male. Once the mermaids return to the ocean, I'll probably find another male wolf to fill the position if he's up for it. Until then, I'm the only one with an Alpha role." I said.

"There must be another way." he replied.

I shook my head. "As Alpha, that's my final decision."

It was as if they knew I wouldn't second guess my decision because they nodded with no further argument or questions. I had chosen to remain mate-less until I can find a potential candidate to be my new mate. It really cut me deep even thinking of replacing Wyatt with another guy, but this had to be done. He was no longer Alpha male or my mate. He betrayed the trust and loyalty we swore to each other even before we took over the pack.

My mom got up and walked to the fridge, taking out a covered dish. "I made some lasagna earlier for lunch and we have plenty here. I'll reheat it in the oven."

I nodded before I went and poured myself a glass of lemonade. The pasta was done reheating about 15 minutes and we began serving ourselves. She even managed to put some garlic bread in as well.

Once I started eating, I nearly moaned at the taste of my mom's food. I really missed her cooking and all the times I would help her out.

"I'm on vacation for two weeks and so is your dad. How about we go out of town? For some R&R that is pretty much well-deserved, especially for you." she asked at the end.

I could really use a vacation to start the healing process. Besides, I missed my family and would love to spend as much needed time with them as I can.

"I'm good with that. I'll let Sadie know." I replied, nodding my head.

We finished our dinner and I went upstairs to take a shower. Once I was done with my nightly routine, I went to sleep.