Chapter 7: Problems With Diondra

Veronica's P.O.V.

I walked with Wyatt hand-in-hand through the hallways. I was hungry and we were in luck because it was already time for lunch. We were meeting up with Addison and Zed as well since it was the feel for couples' time.

When we got there, I could smell Addison's strawberry and vanilla scent which helped me find her and her boyfriend easily.

"Hey, Addi!" I called out.

She looked up and smiled before standing up and waving. "We saved you some seats!"

The both of us got our lunch and went to the table, sitting next to Addison and Zed. He and Wyatt did their new handshake they came up with since they were best friends now.

"So, when's the next cheer camp?" I asked Addison as I took a bite of my sandwich. She hummed before taking out her planner.

"I was thinking sometime before Christmas break." she replied.

"What's Christmas?" Wyatt asked.

My friend and I looked at each other before I talked to my mate. "It's a day once a year where we can give to others and spend time with our loved ones. It's about joy and celebration. There's hot chocolate, candy canes, stockings, gingerbread houses, presents, parties, and so much more."

Wyatt and Zed were still confused and I couldn't help but feel bad. I chuckled before Addison spoke up. "Don't worry, boys. We'll show you what she means when December comes around."

Suddenly, there was a growl that caught my attention as well as the sound of a laugh. I scanned the cafeteria and found Julia, one of the Omega wolves in the pack facing off against.....Diondra.

She has been causing problems recently. She has tried flirting with Zed and you can tell form before, Wyatt. I'm not sure how Aaron is with her if she's doing this especially when he's not around.

I groaned before I stood up and started walking to them. "Babe, wait!"

"Stay here with Addison and Zed, baby. If I need you, I'll let you know." I told him.

Wyatt growled before he kissed me. "I'm not promising anything."

I focused my attention on the little dark blue-haired mermaid in front of me.

"You're nothing but a pathetic excuse of a werewolf. Omegas are so lame and unworthy. I don't know how you and the rest of the Omegas aren't punching bags." she taunted.

Julia growled at her, but I stepped in and shielded her. "What the hell is your problem?"

"Come on, little miss Great Alpha. I was just having a little fun. Land is so boring." she said.

"Well, take that shit somewhere else, Sardine. You have no idea who you're messing with. I'm the most powerful werewolf in existence. If I could, I would end you right here. Now, back off and leave my pack alone. Omegas are just as equal in my pack as any other high rank. Another thing, back off my mate or else not even your boyfriend will be able to save you." I said.

Diondra scoffed and laughed. "Mate? You two won't even last because there's already enough drama going on with every single fleabag."

I growled before my eyes flashed as well as my moonstone. "Watch it, barnacle. I'm the Alpha Female of this pack." I moved my hair out of the way to give her a message. "I bare Alpha Wyatt's mark. So, we will last. As for you and your little leader boyfriend, with your attitude and selfishness, you won't last yourselves. Now....BACK OFF." I roared the last part as I slashed her arm.

She cried out in pain before she huffed, flipping her hair in the process. "This isn't over by a long shot." Then, she left.

"Oooh, I'm so scared." I said, taunting her.

The mermaid with black hair and blue highlights that seemed to dress a bit goth looked at me with apologetic eyes. "I'm so sorry about that. I tried to stop her, but considering she's my brother's girlfriend, she didn't take no for an answer. I will go to my brother and discuss the issues. My name is Tanya Rivers."

I could hear her heartbeat and I didn't see sweat coming from her, so I knew she was telling the truth. Plus, I had always gotten good vibes from her.

She looked at the Omega that was being tormented. "Here. Let me get you a new tray. Trust me, it's on me."

Julia nodded before she followed the younger mermaid and I kept a close watch on them and Tanya kept her word. She got her the food she wanted and even got her her favorite dessert.

"She's not so bad, Roni. I think I can trust her." she mind-linked me.

"If you trust her, I'll accept that, but the second you feel uncomfortable or that she's not making you feel safe, come to me or Wyatt. If we're not around, go to Willa or Wynter. Okay?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am." she replied.

Even with the mature wolves, I felt my motherly instincts kick in. I guess that's what was common in female Alphas.

I went back to Wyatt and my friends. My favorite cheerleader looked at e with concern.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

I leaned into Wyatt's side, his touch making me feel calm and content. He wrapped his arm around me as my heart rate went down. "I'm fine. Let's just eat."

I had a feeling that something was going to happen and it was a very bad one. I just hope it doesn't involve those I care about.