Chapter 6: Football Game

Veronica's P.O.V.

I was in the hallway with the girls as we got ready for the game. It was going to be Wyatt's first game and I was sure that they were gonna win.

"I'm so excited to be cheering for the first time in a game!" Wynter beamed as she came out of the locker room in her cheer uniform.

I smiled at her. "Trust me, it's going to be fun. You're a natural cheerleader and proved it when you first came here."

I heard the band playing and quickly grabbed her hand. "Let's go!" We grabbed our pom-poms and ran out to the field, joining the cheerleaders.

Before I could take my position, I felt my arm get grabbed and I was under the bleachers. I looked and saw Wyatt there in his football gear with a smile.

"Good luck out there, babe." I told him.

"After we win, we're going to celebrate. If you catch my drift." he told me with a smirk before kissing me.

I giggled into the kiss before pulling away. "Easy now, Wolf Boy. Mating season isn't even until next year."

"Team, front and center!" I heard Zed's voice boom.

"That's my cue." Wyatt said.

"Go crush them." I replied.

He kissed my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

Wyatt chuckled before the both of us went our separate ways. He ran to the field and I went to the cheerleaders. Wynter and Addison squealed as I came over.

"Ready?!" Addison asked.

"Yes!" Wynter replied as I nodded.

The three of us began cheering with the rest of the squad as our team began playing against the Auradon Knights. Pink and green versus blue and yellow.

(A/N: Just go with it lol.)

I noticed Willa sitting with the pack and I saw the mermaids sitting on another side, away from them. They looked isolated and a bit uncomfortable being here.

Maybe I can try and talk to them, maybe get them comfortable being on shore.

"Come on, Zed!" I heard Addison shout as he ran and passed the ball to Wyatt.

"Come on, Wy! You got this!" Wynter said.

Wyatt ran before he scored a touchdown, making us and the rest of Seabrook high burst into massive cheers.

"Hell yeah, babe! There you go!" I shouted, shaking my pom-poms.

I saw Wyatt and Zed do a chest bump, the team joining in before breaking.

"Um, Roni?" I heard Addison ask.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I am not an expert in relationships, but I have a feeling that Blueberry over there is checking Wyatt out." she explained.

I turned around and saw the mermaid with dark blue hair, Diondra I believe was her name, ogling my mate.

I felt my possessive side coming out and I let out a growl, which caught the attention of Willa and the pack.

"Boo, what's going on?" Willa asked me through mind-link.

I just found out that we could mind-link each other, but only with the ones we have strong bonds with in the pack. In this case, I could mind-link my co-leaders and mate.

"Diondra is checking Wyatt out and she's giving me a weird vibe." I responded.

"Oh, hell no. Not today. I'm gonna fry this little b-" she responded, but I couldn't let her cause any fights.

"No, Willa, stop! We can't do this right here! Maybe she's never seen a werewolf do football before." I told her with my alpha voice.

She groaned. "Fine, but I'm not making any promises. I'll keep glaring at this barnacle."

"Love you, boo." I told her.

"Love you more, future sister-in-law." she replied, making me laugh.

Wyatt and I completed the mating process, now all that was left was to get married, but we decided to wait. We just want to enjoy our lives right now.

"Yeah!" the girls shouted as Zed scored another touchdown for Seabrook High. This game was rigged since we were playing against our biggest rival.

*3 Hours Later*

I cheered as I ran to Wyatt and Addison ran to Zed, the both of us hugging them. We had defeated the Auradon Knights and won the game.

"You did it!" I said as I pulled away.

"Wow, that felt good." he said as he set me down.

The football team came as well as the cheer team and we all celebrated our victory.  Wyatt kept his arm around me as we walked to where the pack was.

The pack congratulated Wyatt for scoring the victory for the team. I looked back at the mermaids and saw the leader eyeing me, making me feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Listen, Fishboy. I know you can hear me. Tell your little sardine to stop looking at my mate and making others uncomfortable." I whispered.

"Oh, please. You don't know what you're getting yourself into." he replied.

"I can rip you to shreds and make you into a midnight snack for the pack if you don't stay away from us." I replied.

Once I didn't get a reply, I went back to Wyatt and he looked at me with confusion on his face. "What's wrong, love?"

"Nothing, baby. I'm fine." I replied. Lie.

"You know you can't lie to me, right? I can hear your thoughts." he replied. Dammit. I forgot about that.

"It's just the merpeople. I guess I'm not comfortable with them yet." I explained. He sighed before leaning close to me, burying his face in my neck.

"Don't pay attention to them. How about we go into the locker room right now? Game's over." he explained, his warm breath tickling my ear.

"Why are you so kinky? This is the third time this week." I laughed.

"I don't know. Maybe you're just so irresistible." he replied with a growl.

Of course, I was giving in. Man, the effect this guy has on me.

"Okay, fine. Let's go." I said, grabbing his hand and running to the nearest locker room. I found an empty shower stall and closed the curtain for us.

"What if someone hears us?" he asked. "Let them. Now, shut up and kiss me." I replied.

And that he did.