Chapter 5: Strange Arrivals

Veronica's P.O.V.

I lay under the bleachers with Wyatt and a few of our friends. We decided to just hang out under the shade. I was snuggled close to Wyatt, his arm around my waist protectively.

"The Homecoming dance is coming soon. Who's going?" Zed asked.

"We are for sure." my mate replied.

"Maybe you two could become Homecoming King and Queen." Addison explained.

Bonzo gasped and nodded his head.

"Omg, yes! The first werewolf Homecoming King and Queen! I like the sound of that!" Bree added as she lay in between his legs.

My mate and I chuckled and shook our heads. I spoke up as I lay my head on his shoulder. "Technically, we're already king and queen of the pack."

"They have a good point, Bree." Zed said.

"So, when's the wedding?" Addison asked with a smirk.

"I haven't even asked her yet." Wyatt replied.

"Isn't being mates technically being married?" Zed asked.

"In a way. You can still propose if you want." he replied.

"We just want to take things slow first. Finish school. Being alpha and a student is a bit rough sometimes." I added.

"Okay, enough about us for a bit. How about you, Addi? How's it like being cheer captain to our team?" I asked.

Addison smiled and her eyes lit up. "It's amazing, Roni! My dream has come true and the team is better than ever."

Zed was the next to talk. "The team is already ready to have a co-captain and he said I can choose them."

"That's good, Bro!" Wyatt said as he fist-bumped his best friend.

"I want you to be co-captain." my favorite zombie added.

I smiled, looking at my mate, who clicked his tongue with a thumbs-up and nodded.

"Everyone, run! Take cover!" I heard someone shout.

We all stood up and I looked at my friends, worry filling inside me. I realized where it was coming from.

"What's going on?" Addison asked.

"It's coming from the field." I told them.

"Come on!" Zed said as we all bolted, people panicking and running the opposite direction.

We all got to the football field, where we saw a group of 9 people in a huddle, threatening others with tridents. Their eyes were glowing an aquamarine blue and a circle of water surrounding them. They also had glowing blue auras around their figures.

"Wolves!" I shouted, my eyes flashing. The werewolves all snarled, their necklaces and eyes flashing.

"Stay back!" the guy at the front yelled at a zombie who tried to go against him.

The group of strangers saw us and the pack was ready to attack. Wyatt and I growled before a girl with dark blue hair stepped forward, until she was stopped by the same guy.

He talked to his group before the tridents were gone and the water. Their eyes returned to normal as they approached us. Their tridents became either bracelets or necklaces.

Okay, now, that was wicked. I'll give them that.

"Sorry about that. We're not here to hurt anybody. I promise." the guy explained as he held his hands up.

I eyed Wyatt before I nodded my head. He turned to look at the wolves.

"Wolves, stand down." he commanded.

They all listened and calmed down, but still kept their guard up. Wyatt and I stayed where we were as we made eye contact with the girl and the boy at the front.

"They're not human or werewolf. They smell like the ocean." Wynter said.

"Oof, more like tuna." Willa remarked, earning some glares from the group.

"Girls." I told them and they nodded their heads.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I am Prince Aaron. Future King of Atlantis and its people. This is my girlfriend, Princess Diondra. This is our clan. We're all here because the storm washed us to shore. We're mermaids from the east part of the ocean here in Seabrook." the guy explained.

As soon as he said that, the werewolves snarled as their eyes flashed. I didn't even need to remind myself why. I was told this when I became alpha.

"I'm Veronica. Great Alpha of the Lykensen pack. This is my mate, Alpha Wyatt. This is our pack." I introduced ourselves.

I noticed Diondra looking at Wyatt with a smirk and I growled, taking his hand in mine. She continued twirling her hair and I got strange vibes from her compared to the rest.

Willa snarled and I looked back at her, telling her to calm down without even saying anything. I turned back to the leader of the mermaids.

"Why were you threatening my friends?" I asked.

Aaron was about to speak until Diondra interrupted. "Sorry about that. We just get very defensive in new territory. We mermaids are here to join your school, since we won't be in the water for a while."

"Roni, are you sure about this?" I heard Sadie ask.

I looked back at my pack and friends before turning my attention back to the mermaids. I sighed before...

"Welcome to Seabrook!" Addison announced.

Wyatt looked at her like she was crazy and I just stayed where I was.

"Addi, why?" he asked.

She looked at him in confusion. "We gave you a chance to be here and it worked out fine. Maybe it can be the same for the mermaids."

She had a point there.

"Babe, she has a point. I gave you a second chance." I agreed.

Wyatt growled lowly. "Mermaids and werewolves don't get along."

"Well, you guys didn't get along with anybody when you came here, and now, you have zombies and cheerleaders as your friends." she reminded him.

"Addi." I warned her.

He growled in defeat. I placed my hand behind his back and he relaxed at my touch.

I walked up to the leader and stuck my hand out. Aaron looked at it and smirked at me.

"It's a pleasure, milday." he said with a wink.

My moonstone and eyes glowed as my protective instincts kicked in. "Just don't cause any trouble. For my pack and my friends."

We had a stare-off and what caught me was his piercing blue eyes. He winked at me, which made me sigh and shake my head.

I heard Wyatt growl possessively before I released Aaron's hand and re-joined him. He wrapped his arm around me, making a statement. "Wolves."

The pack and I walked off as my sister and friends joined us.

I guess giving mermaids a shot wasn't going to be bad at all. Right?