Chapter 10: A Little Jealousy

Veronica's P.O.V.

"That was awesome!" I said as me, Aaron, Danton, Jonah, and Ariel walked onto the shore, holding our surfboards.

"Now you know that mermaids aren't so bad after all." the redhead girl told me with a smile.

I set my board down and decided to sit on the sand, the others doing the same. I took a deep breath as the sea breeze blew, making me feel at peace, along with the melodic sound of the waves going back and forth.

"Nice view, huh?" Jonah asked, smiling.

"It honestly feels good being in another setting besides the Forbidden Forest. It's like I have two homes now. I used to come here all the time with Addison when we were kids. I've been a little homesick recently, so I plan on coming here for a while." I explained.

"Speaking of which, why are there people here with green hair? Is it like a new style or something?" Ariel asked.

I laughed. "No. They're zombies. Now before you say anything, no, they don't attack or eat flesh. At least as long as they wear their Z-bands, which are the bracelets you see every one of them wearing, they're no harm. It helps them be in control of their monster side and live normal lives as humans do. They came about when the energy from the moonstone mixed with some lime soda at an old power plant. At first, we were divided. They were sent to live in Zombie-Town while we lived in Seabrook. Soon, they were allowed to come to school with us and then Zed and Addison met, they fell in love, and somehow unified both species." I explained.

Danton hummed before speaking. "Now, how did werewolves get thrown in the mix?"

"Last year, the cheer squad went to camp and on their way back home, the school bus crashed because someone thought it was a good idea to let the damn mascot drive. They accidentally hit Zed, who was planning a surprise for Addison and they all ended up in my territory, the Forbidden Forest. Willa, my second-in-command, or Beta for short, made herself and the pack known to the humans. She was Alpha at his time before I came in. Soon, my pack came to Seabrook to search for the moonstone due to them dying because their moonstones were losing power. We lost a few pack members along the way. Monster laws were back into effect, but werewolves began attending school here. I met my mate, Wyatt and found out that I was the Great Alpha of the pack. Soon, we recovered the moonstone and managed to save the pack. Now, the Monster Laws are no longer in effect and then you guys came in." I explained.

"Wow. I never knew this would be a place for so much change to occur." Aaron said.

"Believe me, neither did I." I replied.

I ended up hearing my phone ding from my bag where our umbrellas were before going to see what it was about. I got my phone out and saw that it was Wyatt texting me to come to the den quick.

"Sorry, guys. I have to go back home. Looks like there's an emergency." I said, getting up.

They nodded and told me bye before I grabbed my things and ran as fast as I could using my wolf speed. I ended up in the Forbidden Forest before I saw our house. I went into the den before I saw Wyatt and Sadie there with a pup, the other wolves watching.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We found him wandering. His moonstone is almost completely drained. I don't think he has a pack, but, we don't have much time." my mate answered.

"We need to get him to the moonstone. Come on." I said before picking up the little boy in my arms.

I brought him to the moonstone that was on the other side of the den before taking his necklace off and putting it on the giant rock. The necklace then glowed before I put it in the boy's hand.