Part 5

Drenched in her own tears and the tears of the heaven, Asmita had reached her home by taking an auto while covering the red signs of his fatal attraction, which etched into her skin, with her red sari.

As the flashes of his kiss appeared in front of her eyes, the dam of her tears broke yet again as tears dropped her cheeks. She felt tainted by his touch as, according to her, letting him touch her was against the values she had been learning ever since she was a child.

Her stop eventually arrived after what seemed like eons. Asmita paid the rent of the auto to the driver and walked inside to realize that Sunita was back home as it left the door slightly ajar. Realization of the day being Sunita's birthday dawned upon her as she wiped her tears with her hands hurriedly so that Sunita could not see them.

Sunita made her appearance, informed of Asmita's arrival by the sound of the door being opened, blushing as a bride, much to Asmita's surprise. Sunita took Asmita in a bone-crushing hug and said,

"Amit proposed me for marriage, Asmita. I can't believe that it actually happened. I am so happy."

"What?? I am so happy for you, Sunita. I am happy that you did not choose to hide your feelings behind your shy demeanor and conveyed your 'yes' to him," said Asmita, her own sorrow hiding behind the cover of happiness for Sunita.

"How do you know that I said yes to him?" she questioned in surprise. 

"Arre, is it even a thing to guess? You are so happy regarding the proposal and I know that you like him, so obviously you would have accepted it. Don't make me hit you by refuting it," warned Asmita, drowning her pain in Sunita's bliss when Sunita took her in a sisterly embrace.

Sunita suddenly sensed wetness on her clothes and realized that Asmita was wet.

"Asmita, you got wet in rain? When will you become more mature? Don't you know getting wet in rain is unhealthy?" scolded Sunita, concernedly, dragging Asmita towards their room so she could change her sari immediately.

"Arre Sunita, you are here to take care of me, right? Then why should I bother?" joked Asmita, laughing along with Sunita who burst out laughing after hitting the back of her friend's head.

"Sunita is so happy about her marriage. I will not tell her what happened today and burden her," decided Asmita, as she continued faking her laugh for Sunita.

___________________________________________________

Asmita twisted and turned in her bed with sleep light years away from her eyes. The happenings of the day had left her rattled and startled. Her basal instincts told her to quit the job and find another one as soon as possible.

Her eyes traveled towards her dear friend, Sunita, who had accepted the marriage proposal by the devil's brother, sealing away every mode of escape from him. Resigning from one of the top companies like DM Designs at such a short notice would seem unprofessional and she would have to answer about the reasons for the same in every interview for the rest of her life and even that did not guarantee that she would not meet another lusty boss like Daksh Malhotra.