CHAPTER 01 THE HEIST

'Tie-Fighters on the left!' Tarko shouts. 'I'm on it!' I climb to the top canon and try to hit the Imperial starfighters. 'Four of them? That's a record!' I shoot one down. 'Three more to go!' I see Dran run beneath me. 'I will help you, kid.' Although Dran is the cook of this crew, but he learned to shoot Tie's like Cannoks. 'Annix, they're still on us!' 'Sorry!' While I'm aiming at one of the Tie's, a damaged one flies into my target. 'You're welcome.' Says Dran. The last Tie Fighter comes very close, I start shooting, hit after hit. 'BOOOOOMMM' An enormous explosion occurs. A metal piece, from inside the turret, shoots into my arm, due to the pressure of the blast. 'Ow!' I stumble downstairs and to the couch in the living-space. 'I'm coming!' That's Tezhu, our surgeon. 'Phew, that's a big piece of scrap!' 'Yep, but if you can take it out of my arm, I would be very happy.' Tezhu doesn't even listen anymore. She is busy with slowly taking the metal fragment out of my arm. 'Bite the bullet.' She says. With a lot of effort, the debris is out of my arm. 'Stay still.' Tezhu wraps bandages around the wound. 'There you go, Annix.' She says with a smile on her face. 'Thanks.' Is the only thing I can say. 'I think I need a bit of rest.'

When I wake up, I don't hear the sound of roaring engines anymore. 'We must have landed.' I think. I jump out of my bunkbed. 'Oof, shouldn't have done that.' Directly, the pain flows through my head. I drop myself into my bed again. 'Now again, but slower.' And little by little, I come up. I walk to the door. There, at the end of the boarding shaft stands Valek. 'I was just going to call you. How are you?' 'I'm fine, thanks.' I say, still a bit sleepy. At that moment, Parrot gets out of the ship. 'Hey pal.' I say. I look around. An enormous spaceport. A TAP-2 Freighter just lands. Behind it, I see a sign on a big pole. 'Cantonica Spaceport'. There are people everywhere. But there, next to a big warehouse are standing a lot of Imp's. 'Must be something special.' Says Tarko. 'And that's exactly what we are looking for.' 'In that warehouse stand four containers with Imperial armour, which will be very helpful for us.' I look at the captain. He has a small grin on his face. That means he knows what he's doing. I get excited. 'What are we going to do Valek?' 'We are going to sneak into that warehouse, take the armour and sneak out again.' I nod. 'Dran, I want you to get up that roof and scout the area.' 'Alarm us when we're going to have company.' And the cook is already gone. 'I think it would be wise if Tarko stays on the ship, so that we can escape fast if we get caught.' Then Valek looks at me and Tezhu and says: 'You two are coming with me.' And were moving, very swiftly. Running through alleys and passing cargo. 'We're here.' Whispers Valek. I look around the corner. 'Two Stormtroopers at the backdoor.' 'How are we taking those out without making a sound?' Valek chuckles a bit. 'we are not taking them out.' 'Huh? How are we going to get in then?' As I say that, our loyal R4-unit extends his grasping arm and unscrews a panel.

'We're in.' I hear Valek talking and get the echo through the commlink. We crawl further and get behind some boxes. I peek over it. I see the four containers. The only problem is that there are three Stormtroopers standing around it. 'You two take the ones on the left, I take the one on the right.' Says Valek. And there we go; we sneak behind them and we take them down quietly. But then, one of the helmets bumps against the container. From outside we hear: 'What was that?' 'I'll check.' A door slides open. 'Dank farrik!' Valek takes his blaster out of his holster and shoots at the Stormtrooper. 'So, apparently we are taking them out.' I grab my blaster too and hide behind the cargo. 'Tezhu, load the loot on that hoverpad!' Shouts Valek. 'On my way!' The alarm goes off. 'You've got company!' Dran's voice sounds trough the commlink. 'We figured.' I hear shots from the rooftop where Tarko is located. A dozen of Stormtroopers run into the warehouse. Two of them got rapid-fire blasters. 'The Rapids first!' yells Tezhu. I raise my blaster and shoot at them. 'Got one!' Then Parrot drives towards me. 'Beep-woop-boop.' 'Yes Parrot! Brilliant!' He rides towards an electrical box and connects with it. Suddenly the lights go out.

I put on my goggles and set them to night-vision. I walk to the containers very carefully and peek around it. Two of the Stormtroopers walk towards me. I get behind them and hit their heads against each other. Valek throws a thermal detonator into the group of remaining Stormtroopers, which kills nearly all of them. The lights turn back on to see that one Stormtrooper is still alive. 'He calls in reinforcements!' I run up towards him, but I'm already to late. I take my blaster and then, out of nowhere, Parrot electrocutes the Stormtrooper. 'I think you want to hurry up!' says Dran 'A Zeta-Class shuttle is coming.' We throw the gear on the hoverpad, but we can't take everything. An Imperial Troop Transport shows up for the main door, which got exploded by the grenade Valek used. 'We can't take these alone!' I shout. 'lucky for you I already saw that thing.' It's Tarko. The bottom canons shoot of the ship and an explosion follows. 'Load that stuff and we can get out of here!' Dran comes running back and helps us. 'We have to go now! That shuttle comes really close!' We all board the ship and simultaneously the Zeta lands. 'I'll cover your!' says Tezhu. I run towards the left canon and start blasting the troopers that come out. 'Go, go, go!' The boarding shaft closes and we fly away. 'Phew, that was tight.' I walk into the cockpit and see that Tarko is planning the hyperspace. 'You did good, kid.' Says Valek.