CHAPTER 04 THE HONOURING

Back in the atmosphere of Sembla, we are still not talking much, but slowly we're beginning to talk more and more again. Valek says: 'We have to be cautious, Trewhrebrakk will defenitely be angry, or sad at the least.' I look at him. 'Just as I am either.' 'Landing any moment now.' says Dubby. While we land at the base, the two guards from earlier walk towards the ship. The boarding ramp lowers and we walk out. 'Koya has to get in alone first, Trewhrebrakk wants to talk to her.' 'Ehmm, I'm afraid that's not possible...' Valek says to the Iktochi. The Iktochi looks a bit confused. 'We need to talk to him ourselves.' The Trandoshan contacts Trewhrebrakk and says that we can go inside. 

When we come in Trewhrebrakk's hall, Trewhrebrakk is looking angrily at us. 'WHERE IS KOYA?!'He stands up. 'WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!' He is even more menacing than when he was seated, as he is almost 2.5 meters. 'We didn't do anything to her.' Responds Valek. 'It were those darn Imperials. They killed her.' 'Actually.' I come forward and Valek looks scared and tries to stop me. 'LET HIM SPEAK, VALEK! Says Trewhrebrakk banging his fist on his table. He sits down again and becomes calmer. 'Start.' I start to tell my story: 'Actually, Koya sacrificed her life for us.' When I think of it I get sad again. 'She had planted an explosive at one of the Imperial Transports and tried to move away from the vehicle. Then, a Stormtrooper shot at her speederbike, damaging it heavilly. Koya knew if she wouldn't detonate the bomb at that moment, everyone would die.' I look down and say quietly: 'I saw her die. I saw her fly into that wall of snow and ice . I saw her speederbike exploding. It's all my fault. If I had just shot those troopers...' Trewhrebrakk isn't angry anymore, just very sad. Valek looks at me and says: 'It is not you fault, kid. You were dealing with other things.' Trewhrebrakk looks up and commands the guards to leave. 'She was my most loyal assistant. I will not ask anything from you anymore after we've honoured Koya for her brave actions.'

We walk the atrium that's at the center of the building. It's like a forrest, all filled with plants and bushes. In the middle stands a 'Wroshyr Tree'. 'It is the last I have from Kashyyyk. I planted the seed deep in the bottom of the ocean. The base is built on its branches.' I glance at the enormous structure. I saw it from the ship when we first came here. They could build an entire village in there. 'Koya loved this place' says Trewhrebrakk. 'We will honour her by carving her name into the tree.' Trewhrebrakk turns to me. 'I want you to carve her name into the tree, boy. You seem to have liked her.' He hands me a knife. I take it and walk towards the tree. My hands are shivering. When I've finished the carving, Trewhrebrakk exclaims: 'For Koya!' and he kneels down. We all kneel down and say in unison: 'For Koya.'