CHAPTER 05 THE DECEPTION

Flying to Zygerria, with a couple hours to go, I think about what happened on Sembla after the honouring. We went back to the ship. There, Trewhrebrakk gave me the knife, which I used to carve Koya's name in the Woshyr tree, and said: 'You're always welcome here, boy. You would be a very good addition to my team.' Although the offer was very seductive, I had to turn it down. This crew, it's my family. 

Just when I want to make my move against Dubby, I feel we're landing. I turn off the Holo-Chess and stand up from my chair. 'Let's go Dubby.' I hear voices in the cargohold and we walk into the cargohold. Valek, Tezhu and Dran are talking to Tarko. 'What is going on?' I ask. 'Tarko here.' Dran taps on Tarko's shoulder. 'Is going to infiltrate the hideout of some squid lady. A Gigoran payed us well  to steal some data from her.' Valek shows us a map. 'Tarko will go alone, otherwise it would be too suspicious.' A couple of minutes later, Tarko is ready to go. 'We keep waiting for Tarko to come back.' Says Valek. 'See you guys soon.' Says Tarko while he walks from the boarding ramp. 'This won't be so difficult.' 

While waiting, I paint Dubby's shoulder and some other parts of his armour. The 'Wyvern' crew symbol now covers the Imperial symbol. The white and yellow parts are also painted. All in a bright-orange. More than three hours later, Tarko still hasn't come back. Valek looks worried. Dran says: 'We have to contact him.' 'That would jeopardize the mission.' Valek stares into the distance. 'If he doesn't contact us in half an hour, we are going to get him.' We wait for a while and after half an hour, Valek tells us to get our stuff. 'I don't trust it.' We get the speeder bikes out of the cargohold and we move to the place where Tarko snuck into the hideout. 'Normally Tarko would just blow this up, but he's not here!' 'Then we have to get in quietly.' 

We sneak through corridors and crawl through ventilation shafts to get to the central room. I bang my head against one of the sides of the shaft 'Ssshh' hisses Valek. 'We don't want to get caught!' 'I think it's already to late for that, don't you think, mister Marr?' A loud voice echoes through the building. 'It is me, Lady Skivtin. If you surrender youselves, your friend, mister Galor here, will live. If you don't, maybe my Nydak would want to get to know him. You know how aggressive they can be, Dathomirian.' Valek looks scared. 'We have to surrender or Tarko will be eaten by the most dangerous and evil creature I have ever encountered.' We get out of the vents and we are directly surrounded by guards. Mostly Weequays, but there is one guard who stands out. 'You are the Gigoran who gave us the job!' says Tezhu. The Gigoran murmurs something and his translation vodocor says: 'It's called being double-crossed.'

We get escorted to the room where Lady Skivtin is waiting. 'Hello there. It seems like you've found me at last.' Lady Skivtin chuckles. 'With a little bit of help, of course.' I look around. This room looks like it's a throneroom. The room  is held together by eight massive pillars. At the back of the room is a big window which lights the entire hall. In front of us is a throne and on that throne sits Lady Skivtin, a female from the Gree species. 'Well, you didn't expect it to be going this way, did you?' Valek looks to Lady Skivtin aggressivly. 'What do you want from us?!' He says with anger.  Lady Skivtin cackles and asks: 'Why would I want something from you?' 'Otherwise you would have fed us to your pet Nydak.' Says Valek. 'True, true.' The Gree stands up from her throne and walks towards the big window. 'Do you see those Star Destroyers? They are interfering with my bussiness. I want you to get those terrible Imperials out of my territory. In return, you will get mister Galor back.'

Off we go. 'Without Tarko, this is going to be much more difficult, but we have to do this.' Everyone is determined to accomplish the mission and get Tarko back. 'We begin at the Imperial base. From there we can dissable the communications with the rest of the galaxy.' When we arrive at the Imperial base, Valek tells us to ready our weapons. 'Dran, go up there and eliminate the possible targets.' Valek looks at me. 'Torin, you and Dubby are with me. Tezhu, you and Parrot  provide a distraction. '

Dran climbs up a mountain and gets down on the ground. 'On position.' Tezhu and Parrot move towards the main entrance. 'They've noticed us, Valek.' 'Copy that.' Valek, Dubby and I sneak around the corner and walk towards the smaller entrance. 'Dubby, do your thing.' I push Dubby towards the blast door. He puts his arm inside of a machine and the door opens. 'Follow me, would you?' Dubby says. I walk behind him and Valek follows. I peek around the corner and see a bunch of Stormtroopers. 'Let's take them hostage, they could be of good use.' We set our weapons to stun and blast the Bucketheads. 'Dran, how's everything out there?' 'There aren't ships coming from the Star Destroyers yet, so I think we're safe.' Valek and I make our way further into the base and come to the command room. We stun the remaining Imperials and I start working on the holo-projector. 'We're connected. Valek, the floor is yours.' Valek walks up to the holo-table and a female human in a Imperial uniform appears. 'Admiral Aldaphera Madine from Imperial Star Detroyer 'The Valiance', what is-. Hold on, who are you?' She looks surprised and annoyed. 'I am Valek Marr, the captain of the 'Wyvern' and I hold your entire facility hostage.' The admiral looks shocked. 'And how could I get them back?' Valek responds: 'I will release your troops if you move out from this planet.' 'Alright, lieutenant Corden, take us out of here.' The lieutenant commands the Imperial personnel to move to Malachor and patrol there. 'Goodbye, pirate.' The projector shuts down. 'Let's go. We're going to get Tarko back.'

We get to Lady Skivtin's hideout and we get Tarko in exchange for our work. 'It was good doing bussiness with you, mister Marr.' We walk out of the throne room and without looking, Valek gives the middle finger. We get to the 'Wyvern' as fast as we can and we take off. Right as we exit the atmosphere, the Star Destroyers jump out of hyperspace and four of them start bombarding the city. Lady Skivtin's hideout collapses. 'Well, we'll never see them again,  but that's not of any concern right now. We need to get out of here first.' Valek en Tarko pilot the ship, as always, and jump into hyperspace. Tarko sighs. 'It's good to be back home.'