CHAPTER 02 THE RAID

Our DK-420 flies over the volcanic surface of the planet. We are visiting crime lord Trewhrebrakk for a job. He has his base on the waters of Sembla. I can see the large base, with a huge tree in the middle of it. We land on one of the landingpads and get out of the ship. Two persons are already waiting for us, an Iktochi male and a Trandoshan male. 'Follow me please.' Says the Iktochi. The Trandoshan stays behind to look after the ship. We are escorted inside, where, in a big hall, Trewhrebrakk is seated. A  very pretty Twi'Lek female sits on his lap. She is purple and has red and black garments. On a band around her torso are a pair of sharp knives. I notice a big scar through her left eye. Trewhrebrakk is a grey-brownish Wookiee with bright, blue eyes. On the table in front of him lies a bowcaster with a bayonet attached to it. 'Thank you, Valek, for coming so fast.' Says Trewhrebrakk. 'I have a job for you. If you finish it, you will be paid well.' Valek nods. 'I want you to infiltrate an Imperial base and get some stuff for me there.' I think: 'Fortunately we have some Stormtrooper armour in our ship.' 'Koya, my closest assistant will come with you and help you if needed.' The purple Twi'Lek rises from his lap and walks towards us. Tezhu looks at me, almost if she is jealous. We walk away, Trewhrebrakk says: 'I hope for you guys you nail the job, or Koya will get mean.'

'Set course to the Belderone sector, we are headed to the Imperial Outpost on Rhen Var.' Koya commands like she's the captain of the ship. Altough she sounds mean, she looks nice. When we jump into hyperspace, we prepare our weapons and get ready to infiltrate the outpost. We get out of hyperspace and get towards the planet's surface. It's a snowy planet, not like the ones I've seen before. 'Don't land near the base, or we will be detected immediately.' We park our ship on the top of a mountain and we step out. Dran gets a small probe droid out of his pochet, which scouts for enemies. 'Four on the tower, six at the main entrance, a dozen spread over the courtyard and sixteen on the wall, but that's only what I can see now.' Everyone puts on Stormtrooper armour, except for Koya, Tarko and me. 'Why do I have to be the officer?' I ask. 'Because you are the only white human here, Torrin. The Empire discriminates nearly every other race and species.' Says Tarko. Koya and Tarko don't have to suit up at all because they are the prisonerd. 'Ready?' Koya leaps off the mountain and climbs down using her knives. We grab the rappelling gear out of the ship and get down. A We arrive at the gate. The Stormtroopers watch suspiciously and the chief asks: 'What are you doing here?' 'We are bringing Inmate 21405 in custody.' 'But this is an Imperial Outpost.' I quickly think of a logical answer. 'This was the closest base we could find.' The chief looks at one of the guards and says: 'Open the gate.' We walk through, but as we want to walk to the front door of the facility, the chief says: 'Officer, I need to know your TK-number.' 'LRC-77, trooper. Now stand down.' The Stormtrooper salutes and gets back to his post.

The blastdoors open and we walk inside. 'Let's get to the control room first, so that we can turn off the cameras and disable the Imps in there.' Says Koya. We move to the control room and get ready to blast everyone in there. The door opens, but when we get in, Tarko says: 'There's no one here.' A hologram pops up: 'Did you really think we are that stupid?' It's the chief. 'Good luck getting out of here, alive.' Koya looks at us and says: 'I told you this was a bad idea!' But Valek responds: 'We are not dead yet, are we?' 'Not yet.' 'Okay, I can get us out of here, but then I lead the mission.' Valek walks to the control panels and says: 'Parrot, I want you to control the doors.' I get to the surveillance camera and shoot through it. 'One of those silly things down.' Parrot opens the door. I peek around the corner and see about eight Stormtroopers coming our way. 'Tarko, I'll cover you!' Tarko takes the blaster canon from his back and starts to blast the Stormtroopers. I cover his back and see a few more coming from the other side. 'A little help here please!' Dran comes towards us and throws a grenade at the incoming troopers. It explodes right in front of them. 'Bullseye!' We slowly walk away from the control room, only Parrot and Tezhu stay behind.

While shooting our way to the warehouse, where the supplies are stored, encounter a KX-security droid. 'Halt intruders.' Koya already wants to eliminate it, but Valek stops her. 'That droid could be very helpful, just plug out a few wires or something.' I get behind the droid and do what Valek said. 'I am K4-DB, at your service.' 'Alright, well you're going to need a nickname, because I am not saying that every time.' 'What about Dubby?' K4 looks at me and says: 'Dubby will do fine.' Koya looks annoyed and says: 'I will get us a speeder of something.' She runs off. Arrived at the storage, Dran says: 'I've got a bad feeling about this.' The entire crew walks in and get surprised by an ambush of Stormtroopers. 'Drop your weapons!' The chief stands on a Troop Transport. 'I said drop your weapons!' We all put down our guns and knives. 'And don't think about resisting, because you're outnumbered with sixty-five to six.' The chief, thinking that Dubby is just another KX-droid, commands him to count the captives. 'There are four captives, sir.' 'They came with six, search the building for the other ones.'

While he says that, a robotic arm drops from the ceiling on top of a couple of Stormtroopers. It lifts again and grabs some boxes to later throw them at the Imperials. Tezhu comes running at us and says: 'Grab your weapons, Parrot is providing us with a distraction.' I pick up my blaster. 'Someone has to keep him company, Dubby, you're with me.' I give Dubby a blaster. We arrive at the control room just in time, because from all sides are coming Stormtroopers. 'Hold it right there, rebel scum!' One of them shouts. 'We're not rebels, we're pirates, Buckethead.' 'And I am K4-DB, also known as Dubby.' As he says that, he starts to shoot at the soldiers. I throw a grenade into the hall and pull Dubby inside. 'That was brave, but foolish.' Parrot closes the door and beeps happily. 'You're welcome.' I answer.