Tough Choices

After giving Logan the two different options, Patton walked him home. It was a big decision and he wanted to give the nerd some time to make it. Opening his front door, Logan turned to look at his boyfriend.

"I'll call you, okay?"

He didn't even wait for a response before closing the door and running up to his room. Patton whispered a small 'yeah...' before heading back home, a frown on his face. As he sat in his room, the vampire's thoughts were on Logan who, at that moment, was laying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling, deep in thought. The boy's mother, who'd seen him run in and go upstairs, entered the bedroom.

"Sweetheart, what's going on? It's not like you to shut yourself away in your room like this..."

Logan offered no response, instead turning to lay on his side, back to his mother.

"I understand that you're 18 now and don't want your mother to know every little detail about your life, but I hope you know that I'm here for you and if you ever want to talk, I'll do everything I can to help you with your problems."

She headed for the door before a quiet voice stopped her in her tracks.

"I'm so lost, mom. I have to make a decision, a really big decision, and the choice I make will determine whether or not I can be with the boy I love. If I want to be with him forever, I have to leave home because there is absolutely no way I'd be able to stay here with you."

His mother didn't respond straight away, she was just trying to wrap her head around what had been said. Once she'd fully processed it, her expression softened and she hugged Logan, who was now sat up, facing her.

"I can't make that decision for you because I don't know what your options are, and it wouldn't be fair for me to make the choice for you anyway. It has to be what you want."

"That's the problem though, mother. I don't know what I want. All I'm sure of is that the boy I love is everything to me and I don't want to lose him. It's just difficult because I either have to lose him or lose my home here. I wouldn't be able to see you as much, mom..."

A small giggle escaped her lips and her hand gently cradled Logan's cheek.

"Sweetheart, no matter what you decide, you won't live here with me forever. You're all grown up, you'll eventually want your own space and move out. It's only natural that the older you are, the less time you spend with your parents." she reassured.

"After I married your father, I moved out of my parents' place and went to live with him. That's just how things are, you get older and meet the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you're lucky to have already found that. Some people can live their whole lives without ever finding the one. He is 'the one', right?"

Logan had never been good at dealing with emotions, so he didn't really have anything to compare his feelings towards Patton to. All he knew was that he had a tight feeling in his chest that only seemed to be present when he and Patton were apart. He felt strongly for the vampire, so strongly that it was a little overwhelming at times. He'd said that it was love, but was it really though? Perhaps.

"I've not known him long, but I have never felt like this about anyone before. I don't know for sure that it's love, but what I do know is that I am happy when I'm around him, happier than I've ever been. If I ever lost him, I doubt my heart would be able to handle it."

When he had finished, his eyes met his mother's kind ones. With a smile, she spoke.

"That sounds like love to me."

Logan nodded slightly. He knew what his decision was.

"I can't lose Patton. I know what I have to do."

Getting up, he hugged his mother and then put his jacket on to leave the house and find Patton. He figured that Patton would have headed home after making sure he'd gotten home safely, so that was the way he started walking. Walking through the woods, he was deep in thought, wondering what life as a vampire would be like. A low growl stopped him in his tracks, it confused him as he wasn't on vampire territory yet, and wouldn't be for another 20 minutes or so. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something move, then he was on the ground. It was a few hours before he regained consciousness, finding himself in a bed, Patton's bed. As he tried to sit up, pain shot through his side, bandages were wrapped around his torso and arms.

"What happened?" he asked himself, not realizing that Patton was in the room.

"You were attacked."

Logan jumped slightly in response to the sudden voice.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you. I brought you here a couple of hours ago after I found you bleeding out. You'd been attacked by a werewolf, judging by your injuries, it was only a pup trying his luck at hunting and failing miserably."

The nerd nodded slightly. Maybe it was just him, but something about Patton seemed off. He just seemed to be acting more mature, though it came across more as him being cold.

"The place I found you indicates to me that you were heading here. Why? You know how dangerous it is. You're lucky you weren't killed."

"Patton, I-"

"No. Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to you. You came here once, my men could've killed you. I walked you home so you'd be safe, then you head back here alone anyway. Are you stupid? If you wanted to talk, you should've just called me rather than risking your life. You're only human, if you die, that's it. You'll be gone forever. Be more careful next time."

He sighed, holding his head in his hands as he sat down.

"I didn't mean to make you worry. I just- well, I had spoken to my mother and, without getting into specifics, she helped me arrive at a conclusion. I care deeply for you, Patton, I don't want us to be separated. Since I met you, I've not been able to imagine my life without you. I'd rather be 18 forever and stay by your side than grow old without you." he told Patton sincerely.

When said boy looked up, there were tears brimming his eyes.

"Y-you really mean that?"

"Of course I do, Patton." he said, a soft smile on his face.

"I want you to turn me."