CHAPTER-4

Raydon's POV:

I was very nervous to take Mac to the internet centre with me. I was standing in front of the washroom mirror and talking to myself.

"Why am I being nervous and weird?" I thought. But, yeah. It was because of her. I wished that I shouldn't mess up.

"Ray, I found this key in our backyard. Is it yours?" My mom came to me with a key in her hand and handed it to me.

"I'll check it later, mom," I told her as I went to take a shower.

"How can I help you?" I rehearsed to start my conversation with Mac once we reach the centre.

"Oh- I've known her for years and I can just talk casually," I was boosting myself.

"Why don't you let us in?" Rook was screaming outside the shower.

"Can't you leave me alone at least while I shower?" I asked him playfully.

"Don't waste your time rehearsing. Somehow you're gonna mess up," Peeka was teasing me.

"Shut up, Peeka," I yelled back.

I could casually talk with Mac's friends but I would usually be nervous when I talk with Mac.

"Don't be a coward," I told myself, but yeah the Snoopers heard it.

"Morning," Mac greeted as she walked inside my home.

"Mor-," I was about to greet her.

"Mackie," Fuchsia came and hugged her. I knew that she did it purposely to avoid me talking to Mac.

"Coward," Peeka hissed at me.

"Long time no see," Fuzzy was saying to her bestie.

"Really? I was at your home yesterday. Remember?" Mac nodded, mocking Fuchsia.

"Just kidding," Fuchsia pulled herself away from Mac and went to the washroom.

I had bread and butter for my breakfast and took a instant noodle cup for my lunch.

"Hey, Mac," Jax was waving at Mac while we were heading to the internet centre.

"Hi, Jax," Mac called him Jax but usually she calls him J.

"Going out somewhere," Jax asked her, looking at me.

"Oh, yeah. Don't you see?" I told him.

"Ray," Mac rolled her eyes. "Yeah, Jax. College work," she told him.

"Okay. It's late. We'll be going now," I said.

"Oh-RJ, why so hurry?" I hate him calling me RJ.

"Do not call me that," I took a step forward.

Mac got hold of my hand. "Bye," Mac told him as we left.

It was almost 9 when I reached my workplace. I tossed a couple of M&Ms candies into my mouth.

"I want to prepare a presentation on the topic 'Literature and Love'," Mac told me looking right into my eyes.

"Oh-Oh okay. We'll-we'll do it," I was stuttering.

"Okay," she sat next to me infront of the monitor.

"I want like some 10-15 slides and also want to collect some details to get on with the presentation," Mac was telling me what she needed.

"Okay. We'll start now," I said switching on the monitor.

While Mac was using the mouse, I accidentally put my hand on hers, to help her with moving the cursor.

"Um-sorry," I stammered.

"That's okay," Mac said softly.

"Actually, I liked it," she said scrolling, looking at the monitor.

"I'm waiting for tomorrow," Mac warbled.

"Tomorrow? Oh, the party, yeah," I stuttered as she chortled.

I saw Jax standing outside my workplace, gawping at me and Mac. I hope that Mac didn't notice him. I was pretty happy that he could see me and Mac together and burn. He was chasing her and she knew it. But, she befriends him every time even after knowing his intentions.

We were done with the presentation by evening and were ready to head home.

"Thanks a lot, Ray. It was so sweet of you," Mac thanked me. Oh, she looked very cute.

"That's okay," I told her.

"Without Ray I couldn't have done it," Mac was telling Fuzzy.

"Oh- she's so happy, dude," hark whispered to me.

"See you tomorrow, at HellZone," Fuzzy was telling Mac.

"Oh-yeah. I'm excited," Mac squealed.

"Bye, Ray," she waved at me.

"Hm-Tata. See you tomorrow," I waved back.

"Bye-Bye, Snoopies," Mac said, looking behind me.

"Tata," the little ones bid her.

Fuzzy went to the kitchen to help mom.

"Bye," Mac told me in her husky tone.

"Hm-Take care," I said.

We were having dinner.

"Ray, how's it going with Mac?" My mom asked me making Fuzzy chuckle.

"Mom, that's going great," Fuzzy started her job, teasing me.

"Oh-shut your trap, Fuzzy," I said as mom told me to mind my words. Yeah, she treats us like babies still.

"Mom, no development yet. If something good happens, I'll let you know," I told my mom as she took a spoon of salad to her mouth, cackling.

"Pick one," Fuzzy put two dresses in front of me. One was grey and the other was teal.

"Both looks good," I told her.

"Fine," she said as I walked to the door.

"Good night," she told me.

"Nighty Night," I walked to my room.

"Ray, what are you going to wear?" Boo asked me.

"Not yet decided," I told him.

"I'll pick you one," Peeka pointed at an ash coloured sweatshirt. I had worn it only once.

"Mac will love it," Peeka told me, giggling.

"Okay," I nodded at her and smiled.

It was quite a quick night as I was very sleepy.

"Finally, it's Saturday and we're going to a party," I told myself as I woke up to a pleasant, sunny morning.

"Someone's very hyped," Fuzzy was making fun of me.

"Ray, do you have the key I gave you?" Mom asked me as I entered the living room.

"Yeah, mom," I told her.

"I remembered that it's your dad's," she said.

"The key could open his briefcase. He used to keep his belongings in it when he was- alive," my mom began to sob.

"Mom," I went to console her.

I went to look for the key in my room. But, it wasn't there.

"I think-I think I lost it," I was telling the Snoopers.

"Calm down, Ray. We can find it," Sniffy told me.

I was searching for the key the rest of the day, wherever I could remember that I might have kept it.

"I kept it right here," I told the Snoopers, pointing to my study desk near the window.

"We'll find it. But later. Now, it's party time," the heedies squeaked.

THANK YOU FOR READING.
DO VOTE, SHARE AND SUPPORT.
ALL COMMENTS AND CRITICISM ARE APPRECIATED.

•LPKnits🔏