Chapter 5: Baby!Kaname and Zero

Kaname's eyes opened, as he sat up and yawned, looking down at his hands, which were unbelievably small. Kaname poked Zero, who groaned, before opening his eyes. He quickly scrambled to get up, and nearly fell off the bed. “What the hell happened to you??” Zero said, surprised that kaname was small and now zero was normal sized. Kaname didn't move or say anything, he looked even younger than how old Zero was when he was turned into a baby. Kaname looked about 1, maybe almost 2, so he most likely couldn't even talk. Zero stood up, pacing around the room while running his hand through his messy silver hair. KAnames hands reached for Zero as he sniffled. Zero's head whipped around the baby, rushing over to him. “Wiat, what happened??” Kaname grabbed Zeros shirt, tugging on it. Zero grabbed Kaname, holding him in his hands, as Kaname smiled and giggled. Zero blinked, he hadn't expected that sound to come from KAname. Zero moved his arms around while holding onto Kaname, as he made “swoosh” noises, as KAname giggled and laughed, holding his arms out like an airplane. Zero began to walk around the room, making airplane noises as kaname giggled and held his arms out happily. After about 20 minutes, Zero held Kaname in his arms, as they were tired. “What now?” Kaname just stared at Zero. zero sighed, not knowing what to do either. Zero held onto Kaname with one hand, and with the other grabbed the blanket and walked out of the room and into the living room, kneeling down and setting KAname down beside him, before spreading out the blanket and setting KAname on top of it. Zero thought of what he could give kaname fro toys. Maybe he had some stuffed animals in his closet or something. Zero told Kaname to stay there, before walking back to kanames room. KAname flopped back on his back on the blanket. He stared at his hands, before spotting Zero walking back with a stuffed animal he happened to find in his hands. Kaname sat up, reaching for the toy as Zero finally made it over to him and handed the baby the toy, as Kaname hugged the stuffed bear tightly to his chest. After a few minutes, Kaname started to cry. Zero blinked, picking up the baby and setting him down in his lap, holding onto him. “What's wrong, Kaname?” zero said softly, as Kaname threw the stuffed bear, crying and squirming. Zero sighed softly, picking the baby up and looking at him, before holding him against his chest, rocking slightly. Kanames cries grew louder as he squirmed and cried. Zero didn't know what was going on, so he didn't know how to help because everything he tries isn't working.. Kaname cried, squirming and screaming. “Kaname calm down, you're fine, there's nothing wrong.” Kaname wailed and flapped his arms, squirming. “What's wrong?” KAname looked up at Zero, still sobbing. “Are you.. Teething?” Zero noticed that kaname only had a few teeth and some were still growing in. Zero grabbed his phone, calling Yuki. she picked up, “Zero?” “What do you do for teething babies?” baby Kaname continued to wail and hit Zero out of anger and confusion. “What happened now??” “Yuki don't ask questions, my ears are going to bleed out just tell me what to do about a teething baby.” “Well I can bring over some teething toys if that would help.” Yuki suggested. “That would be great. I'm still at Kanames house, by the way.” Zero said, as Yuki nodded, “Alright. Give me like 20 minutes.” Yuki hung up, as Zero clicked on netflix and started playing a baby show for Kaname who slowly stopped crying to watch the show. 

Yuki knocked on the door and Zero stood up, holding Kaname in his arms, as he walked over to the door and opened it, yuki's eyes wide. “Is-is kaname a baby?!” Yuki exclaimed, visibly shocked. “Yeah, i have no idea how it even happened.” “Well here's the teething toys you asked for, I also got a package of bottles too.” Zero grabbed the items from Yuki's hands, holding them in one hand and baby kaname in the other. “Can you take care of him by yourself?” “Yeah, it'll be a piece of cake. You go and enjoy yourself, i'll be back when he's back to normal.” 

Piece of cake he said. That was a lie. Kaname was screaming and wailing, slamming his fists onto Zeros chest, Kanames shirt tossed halfway across the room, toys thrown everywhere and a bottle laying on the ground. There was no doubt about it. Kaname was angry and those teeth must be hurting like hell. All of a sudden after this tantrum, Kaname lay down next to Zero(he was also laying down), and curled up. “Kaname?” Zero looked at the tiny devil who was now peacefully laying on the floor next to him. That's all it took? One hell of a tantrum? No way. Zero sat up, grabbing a stuffed animal and laying it down where he was laying previously. Kaname reached out and clutched the teddy bear close to him, sleeping calmly. Zero grabbed a teething toy and set it on the other side of the teddy bear before carefully standing up and quietly picking up the toys. He walked into the kitchen with the toys and the bottle and rinsed them all in the sink with warm water, being as quiet as he could. Once the toys were rinsed, he set them down on the counter to dry. He poured some cold water into the clean bottle, and then he walked into the living room and set the bottle down near the couch on the floor, beside it. Zero set the teething toy beside the bottle, before carefully picking up Kaname and the stuffed bear, and laying down on the couch, holding Kaname on his chest. Kaname shifted, but stayed asleep. Zero grabbed his phone from his pocket and scrolled through social media, making sure his volume was turned down low, but still audible. 

Kaname's eyes fluttered open, as he stared up at Zero. Zero didn't notice Kaname was staring at him for a few minutes before flinching slightly when he saw that Kaname was staring at him. He set his phone aside, and kaname was about to cry, but Zero interrupted him, “Hold that thought.” Zero grabbed the bottle and sat Kaname up, handing him the bottle. Kaname stared at the bottle as if he didnt know what to do with it at first, before raising it to his lips, looking at zero as if asking if this was what he was supposed to be doing and Zero nodded, before Kaname began to drink the nice cold water, soothing his aching gums. When Kaname set down his bottle, he looked relaxed and relieved. Kaname curled back up on zeros chest, as zero handed Kaname a teething toy, which he happily accepted and nibbled on. Zero smiled, resting his hands on Kanames lower back. Kaname slowly drifted off to sleep, and Zero followed suit, falling asleep as well. 

Kaname stared at Zero, wondering what the fuck was going on and where the fuck his shirt went. He was also curious why Zero's hands were close to his butt. Zeros eyes fluttered and for a split second he thought he saw Kaname so he opened his eyes and both Kaname and Zero stared at each other awkwardly, both blushing madly.