Chapter 10: Crying!Zero x Comforting!Kaname

(I did have to use a story starter for this one(i was fresh out of ideas, i usually don’t use starters often), this is from a story @//sugahoneyicedtae on Wattpad! Also both characters personality is hella watered down for this but who cares. ANYWAYS THIS IS MY BIRTHDAY MONTH AAAAAAA AUG 6TH IS YO AUTHORS BDAYYY)

Kaname was sitting on his bed on his phone, and Aido was laying on his stomach on the floor. “So what are you going to do while i'm gone? Are you gonna miss me??” Aido teased. “I'm sure i'll manage.” kaname said. “C'mon dude. I'm going to be gone all weekend at my parents house and you're not going to miss me, even the least bit?” Aido whined, as Kaname rolled his eyes, lifting his cold gaze to meet Aidos curious eyes. “I'll be fine, trust me. Don't get your panties in a bunch all worried about me” Kaname said, looking back at his phone. Aido huffed. “Fine then, i'll just leave right now. I'll see you sunday.” Aido said, standing up and grabbing his bags, yanking on his shoes angrily. “Have a good trip. Oh, and don't let the door hit you on your way out.” Kaname siad, as Aido slammed the door behind himself, walking off. Kaname chuckled. He always knew Aido was an easily angered person, and he was just joking. He should probably give him a  proper goodbye. Kaname quickly stood up, sliding on his shoes and opening the door, walking out. He was about to chase after Aido when he heard muffled crying. He turned, and heard that the noise was coming from the room next to his. He contemplated if he should knock. But the person may be in trouble, so he knew he probably should check on them. Kaname lightly knocked on the door, as the crying abruptly stopped, but it took a few seconds before he heard footsteps approach the door. The door opened and there stood a male with messy silver hair, a baggy long sleeve shirt, and some sweatpants. “I.. do i know you..?” “Oh!” It just then hit Kaname that he had no idea who this kid was. Well, he saw him before at school but otherwise he was clueless. “I-uh.. my name is Kaname. You don't know me, I stay with my roommate in the room over. Listen, i heard you crying and i was wondering if you were okay.” Kaname said, as Zero blinked. “Uhh, well, my name is Zero. and uh.. Sorry about that, i was just upset.” Zero murmured the last part. “Do you want to talk about it? I'm all ears if you're willing.” Kaname suggested. “Really?” Zero asked hesitantly, as KAname shrugged and nodded. Zero hesitated, before moving aside and holding the door open, “You can come in,” Zero said softly. Kaname walked inside, standing still awkwardly. Zero shut the door quietly. “You can take off your shoes here.” Zero said softly, walking into the living room and sitting down on the floor. Kaname slipped off his shoes and walked over to zero, sitting down next to him. “So why were you crying?” Kaname asked, as Zero was silent. “Are you sure you're willing to listen to me?” Zero asked softly, as Kaname nodded. “Yeah. go ahead, i'm listening.” Kaname said, as Zero let out a soft breath, nodding. “To be honest, i don't really know what it was that set me off, but i do know that it was probably my thoughts getting the best of me.” Zero said slowly, staring at the floor and avoiding any eye contact. “I kinda just feel like I'm disappointing my family all the time. They have these expectations for me and I have my own expectations and they're just not meeting and-and it really upset me, ya know?” Zero said, a few tears welling up in his eyes. “I also disappoint myself constantly, and I'm honestly just so exhausted. I want to be free willed, but I also want to follow my family's expectations for me. And i just-i just feel so bad knowing there's no way i'll be the child they dreamed of and it really.. It really gets to me. I always knew they favored my sister, and i'm happy for her but i know our dad is pressuring her too. I guess i'm just not good enough. How weak of me to be exhausted about something so little like this, huh?” Zero said, a small smile tugging at his lips, but fading a few seconds after. Zero looked up at Kaname, who looked back at Zero sympathetically. “...Do you want a hug?” Kaname offered in a soft voice, as Zero felt the tears slide down his flushed cheeks. Zero scooted over to Kaname, and collapsed into his arms. Kaname wrapped his arms around Zero,”You're not weak or pathetic, Zero.” Zero listened to KAnames soft voice and heartbeat as his salty tears slowly rolled down his face. “And you're trying your best. They love you for who you are, so it doesn't matter what you have or haven't done, or even what you don't plan to do.” Kaname assured. “Wise words coming from someone who fought with his roommate earlier.” Zero said playfully. “Kaname blinked. “You heard that?” Zero nodded slightly. “Yeah, my roommate is something else.” Kaname said, as Zero smiled. He sniffled before wiping his face with the end of his sleeve. 

They sat in silence for a few minutes before Zero yawned softly. “Are you tired? How much sleep did you get last night?” Kaname asked, as Zero shrugged lightly. “Uhh, i'm a little tired, yeah but i didn't sleep well last night so that may be the issue.” Zero replied. “Well would you like me to leave so you can get some sleep?” “Yeah, sure.” And that was it, the end- 

NO IT'S NOT LOL IM JOKING JKJKJK HERE'S THE REAL ENDING

“Would you like me to leave so you can sleep?” Kaname asked, but Zero was silent. “..Do you have to?” Zero said quietly, as Kaname shrugged. “No, I don't have to leave but if you want me to, I will.” Kaname said, as Zero sighed softly. He didn't know what to say. Itll just have to be awkward silence, then. 

After a few minutes of silence, Kaname glances at Zero and notices that Zero had fallen asleep. How did he not notice earlier?? Kaname contemplated if he should take Zero to his room, but that idea was quickly crushed when he realized he couldn't get up. He sighed softly, carefully scooting backwards to rest his back against the couch, leaning his head back and resting it on the edge of the couch. Zero slept calmly, his breath soft and even. KAname yawned softly, his eyes fluttering, before he fell asleep, his arms remaining around Zero. 

A/N
Hi! First of all I am 100% aware this chapter is really short, but I was actually having a difficult block lol. So uh i'm going to be working on other stories and hopefully this will tie you guys over for a little while. So if you're interested in Cherryjoe(SK8 The Infinity) and/or KIllugon(HXH), let me know if you want me to post the stories! I'm going to do a few Cherryjoe headcanons, and then after that I'm going to do a Killugon Prince and the Frog Prince AU and I'm def posting that one, but idk about the cherryjoe one but by time this chapter is posted ill probably already have my answer. And once I'm done, if I still feel like it, I'll come back to my KaZe fanfic! So this is the last chapter for a while, thank all of you for the tremendous support it really means a lot. I will post updates on my wattpad convos and my insta story so if you need anything either comment, send me a message here on Wattpad, or DM me on Instagram @//voltron_pleb ! Remember to save, comment, and vote!!! Love all of you so much!!! Wrote on March 14th, 2021.
~T, signing off