Chapter 7: Office AU pt.1

(P.S The same p.s. Like the last chapter, they're over 18, have a kid, married, and live together(the only difference in this one is that they're a few years older)that's all have fun reading and thanks for reading. Also I split up this chapter bc I needed to due to me getting excited and posting more than I should have)

Zero sat at the counter, pen in hand. He was filling out some extra work papers at home. It was already around 9pm on Tuesday, so Katherine was already in bed and hopefully sleeping. Her tenth birthday was coming up in a few weeks and she was very excited. Zero had helped her come up with a list of friends she could have over and stay the night. Kaname however, was too busy to help out with things like that. He hasn't spent time with Katherine in weeks. She was devastated and it seemed like her only hope was for him to pay attention to her on her birthday. Zero was irritated at kaname because of that, she seemed so upset sometimes. Maybe tomorrow hed let Katherine stay up until he got home. After about half an hour of working, the door opened and kaname stepped inside. "Sorry i'm late, i didn't mean to work held me up again.." "Yeah i know, i saw how much work they were piling onto you. Its okay." Zero looked at his husband, who avoided his gaze. "You alright?" Zero asked cautiously. "Yeah, yeah i'm fine. What are you working on?" Kaname changed the subject casually. "Well just some work Senri couldn't finish. I told him I'd do it and he told me not to, but I took it anyways. He's got a little one so i want him to spend as much time with the little baby as possible. Oh! Yeah i wanted to tell you something!" Zero smiled, as KAname raised a brow. "Katherines birthday is coming up and she picked out 6 friends she wanted to come over and stay the night, so remember to be home on time!" Zero smiled. "She's really excited." "Oh, uh, alright, i'll talk it over with the boss, when is it?" "In three weeks, on friday." "So friday in 3 weeks, and i need to be off at like 1pm then?" Kaname asked, as Zero nodded. Zero stood up and walked over to kaname, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. "Thanks. She'll be really happy to have you there." Zero walked back to his spot and began to finish the last page of Senris work. Kaname smiled slightly, "I'm going to bed, are you coming to join me?" Kaname asked, as he took off his shoes and jacket. "Yeah, i'll be there in a bit, there's one page left." Zero said, as KAname silently nodded and walked off to bed.

The next day, while in the office they both worked at, kaname walked over to Zero. "Hey, so.. Boss said i couldnt have the day off.." Kaname said. "Really? Why not?" "she said that it was going to be busy that day with analytics coming in that we have to document." Kaname explained, sighing heavily. Zero didn't understand, the boss was a very chill person. "Well, uh, I'm sure it's okay. At least try and spend time with her beforehand if you can't come to her party." "Yeah of course, i'll go and see if i can get off earlier tomorrow to hangout with her." "Great, she'll love that!" Zero said, smiling. Kaname waved before turning and walking back into the bosses office. Zero walked over to Senri, handing him the work he had finished the night before. "Thanks again, Zero. even though I told you not to. How late were you up?" Senri questioned. "It only took me like an hour, relax." Zero said. "Sooo, When did you guys plan Katherines birthday? You mentioned you were planning it yesterday." "Oh yeah i totally forgot i brought that up. You're welcome to come, Katherine would love to see the baby. And it's in 3 weeks, on Friday at around 2pm." Zero said, as Senri nodded. "Sweet, i'll see if i can go, or if Akito would even want to go." Senri chuckled softly. "How is he?" "He's very curious at the moment, but more or less he's not daring enough to start walking." Senri explains, as Zero smiles. "Well its okay, he'll get there soon you just have to help him out more, he'll get the hang of it soon." Zero grinned, as Senri smiled. "Thanks, Zero." "Yeah, let me know if you need any help with your little one or your work, i'll help if you need me to. But i have to go back to my desk right now." "Oh, alright. Have a good day, zero." "Yeah, you too Senri." Zero walked back to his desk, resuming his work.

Zero looked up and around for a moment, before spotting Kaname talking to Ruka. Ruka seemed to be blushing, and zero could hear her laughing softly. He wondered what they were talking about. It was probably nothing. Even though zero had figured they were probably just talking about work stuff, zero couldn't take his eyes off them. He sighed, before deciding to talk to the boss about letting kaname off early. Zero stood up, and began to walk to the bosses office, getting angrier with every step. Kaname must have explained the situation to her, right? Zero opened the door. "Boss," a woman with ravishing long shimmering red hair and soft, elegant brown skin looked up, "I need to talk to you." The boss nodded, "come on, sit down." she said, her voice calm. Zero shut the door and walked over to a chair, sitting down. "Now, what was it you needed?" she said, a soft smile on her face. "Why didn't you let kaname off work?!" Zero suddenly blurted. "What?" "Our daughter's birthday is coming up and he must've told you that and you still didn't let him off?" "Zero, calm down. Who said I didn't let him off? I'll tell you exactly what happened, but first order of business, your husband lied to you. What really happened was he came in my office, said he had something important to do and asked for the day off on friday, about 3 weeks from now, and i said sure, take the day off, because we need to be renovated and get a few things fixed the coming week anyways, it's a work-wide week off, after friday basically." The woman said. Zero thought about it. Why would Kaname lie to him? Did he not want to spend time with Katherine? Why wouldn't he?? "Zero?" Zero blinked, "sorry, this is just a lot to process. I'll get out of your hair now." Zero chuckled nervously, before standing up. "Thanks, boss." "Of course!" She smiled, as Zero turned around and left. He walked back to his desk, resuming his work, unable to focus due to all the questions clouding his mind, but pushing himself through it anyways.