Part Seven

Riley gave me a look of sympathy before muttering, "And let the shit show begin." She looked at Jordan who was still staring at his phone ignoring everything and spoke, "Hey, you might want to prepare for war because it will not be pretty."

Her warning was fair but it couldn't be that bad. His voice though startled me and had me turning around, "Are you married, I probably should have asked sooner?"

"Gosh NO," I cringe at the thought. I wasn't the marrying type.

"Then what is the big deal?" His words were muffled by the sound of a crash and shouting. I flew out to the living room not sure what would greet me.

Taylor stood by the kitchen counter looking smug. Toby stood next to the dining table and the decorations that had sat on it now lay shattered on the floor. Derick looked shocked and Nate was trying to hold back a fuming Toby. Walking in to the open living space all eyes turned to me. I really wished I could just flee. I looked at the still partially open door and the hall way that promised to lead me out of here. I was about ready to make a run for it when two over sized arms snaked around my middle and pulled me into a wall sized chest.

"If you don't let go of my sister I will rip your arms off." Toby promised. Nates eyes were also narrowed in on the stranger touching me. I doubted he would hold Toby back much longer if the guy kept touching me.

"She is a flighty tiny thing." Jordan spoke from behind me.

"Maybe because she doesn't want you to touch her?" Nate offers taking a step closer to us.

"OK ENOUGH!" I shout to everyone in the room. I wasn't much of a yeller so it garnered attention pretty well. "We will all sit down and talk civilly. There will be no fighting and no threats and no breaking things or I swear I will disappear and no one will ever see or talk to me again." I now had everyone's attention. "I looked to Riley hoping she would understand I was asking for help.

I made my way to the dining room table righting one of the chairs that had been knocked over. The other chair was picked up and corrected before I could get to it. I sat in a chair and waited for the others to join me. Jordan looked to me before walking to the door and closing and locking it before coming and taking a seat next to me. Riley sat on my other side. I looked to each of my brothers glaring at each in turn. I couldn't even look at Taylor. All this because he grossly over reacted.