Part Ten

In Nate's room we video chat the others. When the others answer while still at the office I wish we had waited. The time difference for them meant it was only mid day not evening. Once Derick and Toby were sat together in the conference room Nate opened his big mouth, "Our baby sis is getting married," he cried in fake enthusiasm.

"The fuck, Nate stop with the shit. How are things?" Toby said dismissing Nate's announcement.

"Seriously! The council here voted if the baby is Jordan's, which it is, then the council will set their wedding/coronation date." Nate insists.

There is absolute silence. Then Derick looses it, "This is why I said Nate shouldn't go, he already married her off. I need to pack my shit, I'm coming to get you Hunter." Derick says looking at me.

"How can you fuck up that bad in just twenty-four hours Nate?" Toby yells at Nate sitting beside me.

"Enough, I have already had a terrible day. So you two will shut up and listen," I tell them firmly. When they do as instructed I look to Nate. He just stares back not getting I had hoped he would take this over but given how he started the call it would probably be best if I handle things. "The council meeting was horrible they threw out different suggestions. There was a vote and the queen made a decision. If the DNA test proves the baby to be his-"

"Which it will-" Toby cuts in.

"Then the council will set the wedding date." I finish.

"You can't marry the guy just because he knocked you up!" Derick says in outrage.

"What am I going to do?" I ask them.

"Come home, we will take care of you both, things can go back to normal," Toby tells me.

"Normal? Everyone knows now! If I return there will be reporters constantly hounding us. The baby and I could be in danger. This is his kid too. He wants it as much as I do. How would you like it if you knocked a girl up and she ran off with your baby. Also this kid has a big importance to this country. At least if I marry him I can be the mother I want to be. I can co-parent with him. He and I can be friends and I wont have to be miserable. Because I promise you none of the other options were nearly as happy as this one." I rant to them.