Part Nine

I sit at breakfast in his room staring at him. I awoke this morning to someone coming in my room and opening the curtains, apparently they have domestic staff who come in at specific times for wake up calls. The poor girl screamed in fright and ran out muttering Spanish upon seeing her practically naked soon to be King in my bed. How he ended up in my bed he did not feel the need to share. He was wrapped around me when I woke. He had hopped up like nothing was wrong and went to his own room to dress. I had to hurry and get ready from the wake up call to breakfast was only thirty minutes. Then after breakfast we were expected in the council hall.

"Is Nate going to be coming with us?" I ask tentatively.

"Yes, he is considered your guardian in a way. You are pregnant and unmarried. He is your family representative here. Things are a little more traditional here." Jordan adds on upon me raising a brow at the word guardian. I was over eighteen and could take care of myself.

"I make my own decisions and I promise you, if I do not want to stay nothing will keep me here." I tell him. I mean it too. I will not be kept like a captive, I had rights.

"Noted," he smirked. He checked the time and let out a long sigh. He offered me his arm and helped me up. In the hall we were met with Nate and together we walked to the Council Hall. "Remember your promise?" He asked right before we walked in. I nodded and then tried not to cower under the hundred plus stares.

Jordan took my hand and led me into the massive room. We walked past raised pews full of older men and women in suits. In the center of the room was a massive oval table. A few people sat there already waiting. Jordan with his hand on mine led me to the table. He pulled out a chair for me and I sat. He sat next to me on the right and Nate sat to my left. "Queen, may I introduce Hunter Salem Dax and her brother Nathaniel Forest Dax. Hunter this is Queen Lilliana Lakeson." I felt her intimidating gaze upon me. I'm sure she was not only accessing as a Queen but also as a mother. I knew she wanted to know if I was worthy of her sons affections.

"A pleasure," I smiled at her. I would have offered my hand but I was pretty sure touching was off limits. I tried my best to look innocent and unassuming. I couldn't tell what she thought since her facial expression never changed.

"All right," the man Shay from New York spoke standing up from next to the Queen. "You all have the transcripts from the meeting held in the states. Now we know the back story and the DNA results should be in tomorrow we need to have a plan in place and a story ready for publication should the baby prove to be his."

"It is mine," Jordan comments from beside me. All eyes turn to us and I try not to shrink under the scrutiny.