Chapter Seven

Camila POV

I sat and waited. Waited for the time to be 1pm. The time I would have to carpool to the high school both my son, and Lauren attended. Mr Andrews, my boss, had made it particularly clear that both I, and my co-worker had to present a speech at the said school. Even being a successful business woman had its negatives. Most people wouldn't be phased by presenting a PowerPoint in a theatre full of high school kids but I had my reasons.

After the other day both Lauren and I hadn't made any progress on our little 'friendship' and that's exactly how I wanted it. When she would come to our home we would simply exchange little glances. I refused to look at her for long periods of time. Afraid that if I was to stare she would simply leap up and have her way with me when no one was looking.

After being told I was now going to be joined by colleague Austin I was immediately nauseous. That man had been asking me on dates for the past two years, to which I declined. Obviously. The man wasn't necessarily ugly or unattractive, just his way with words and his way with women made me... ill. He was disrespectful and slimy. Everything I hoped my son would never be, and he would not be.

Once arriving to the school I left the car as quickly and elegantly as I could. Many football boys cat calling at me and making strange gestures. Austin was not happy which for once made me happy to be disrespected by young little boys. Anything to add a disgusted look on Austin's face. Picture perfect. As both Austin and I made our way to the principles office I felt a harsh shove against my shoulder. Accidentally, of course. The force of the shove caused me and the young girl face each other. Madison. After a moment of looking at each other she went on to apologise. Not something I would've expected from the school slut. Shut up Mila she's a student for gods sake.

"Hey don't I know you?" She pondered for a while "you're Jacob Cabello's mom, right?" She smiled gently not knowing about my disgust for her. If I didn't know her from Lauren I would've thought she was a polite young lady. Her attire made me think otherwise. Her little pink strappy tee and short short denim shorts. Interesting. No wonder Lauren had been interested in her.

After a clear of throat I replied "Yes I am. You were the young lady at my sons party, right?" I questioned.

She began to blush as I brought back the memory. She blushed deeper remembering the situation I had found her and Lauren in on my couch. "Um, yeah that was me. I better be going class starts soon. Have a nice day Mrs Cabello." She smiled softly and quickly scurried herself down the corridor.

"Damn..." I turned to look at Austin. "She was fine." And to be really honest she was a pretty young lady. She had piercing hazel eyes and perfect dark, long hair alongside her sculptured eyebrows. I groaned and dragged Austin down the corridor to the office.

After a quick discussion with the principal both Austin and I were lead into the now packed theatre room full of students. "Yo! She's nice to look at. This class may not be boring after all" I heard a young boy say. Must admit it did build my confidence but I was not fond of being perved on. The theatre room reminded me of college. Lots of seats on rows of all different heights. All seats facing the big podium and electric screen. As we walked in a hush took over the class and it became intensely quiet. The principal began to introduce us as a company and what we would be presenting today. The presentation was simply about how to exceed in a business and how to look and act during formal interviews. Basic high school lectures as such. After I had introduced myself and done my part I began to glance around the room.

Most young adults looked disinterested and bored. The students went from looking gothic to geeky. Edgy to jock. Many different personalities accompanied this room. I glanced around again looking to find my son to which I did. I smiled at the handsome boy. As I smiled he began to reach behind him and tap the leg of another fellow students. Lauren. He nudged her and tried to get her to focus on me to which she already was. Her piercing green eyes stared oh too much. She was slouched in her chair looking all too sexy. Wearing her signature black jeans and black bomber jacket. She looked sexy. I watched as her eyes glanced over my body then back up to my eyes. No smirk. No cheekiness. Nothing just an intimidating stare. If I was one of her fellow classmates I would find her scary.