Chapter Three

As my son set the dinner table I couldn't help but watch the young dark haired woman sit casually on my couch. Why do I have to find myself attracted to this girl? It couldn't have been anyone worse. I leant up against my kitchen sink drinking the fifth cup of water this evening. I was quickly snapped out of my staring when my son declared the table was ready.

Lauren made her way to sit at the head of the table directly opposite to where I was sat. My son on the other hand sat next to Lauren and I at the side. The meal I had prepared was a buffet of Spanish delicacy's and I had never been more proud of myself. At least I'm not only cooking for my son but a girl I potentially like. Shut up Camila! I scolded myself internally.

"So Lauren..." I said as I sat with my hands crossed under my chin. Lauren didn't say anything but looked at me like a deer in headlights with her mouth full. "Are you and my son... involved in any way or.."

A loud snigger was heard from both young adults and I was left wondering what I had said wrong. "Mom, Lauren's Gay. I've told you that haven't I?"

Truth be told my son had told me that before I just wanted to make conversation involving the goddess in front of me. "Oh.." I muttered out whilst flickering my gaze to Lauren.

"Don't worry Lauren. We don't judge." My son mumbled between bites of food.

I stared at Lauren for a little longer than I probably should've because when I was only a quarter way through my staring session she lifted her head and stared right back at me. We made strong eye contact for a minute. A long minute. A beautiful minute.

"Lauren are you going to the gym tomorrow?" My son asked with his mouth full of food.

"Jacob!" I scolded. "Manners! Anyways... Lauren? You go to the gym?" I asked. Completely ignoring my son who didn't seem to care.

"I do yes Mrs. Cabello. I go four times a week and I play soccer 3 days a week. I'm hoping to go NYU and play." She spoke. Eyes never leaving mine.

"That's wonderful. But Lauren honey, please just call me Camila." Once again eyes never leaving mine. I was in a trance. All I could think about was this beautiful 19 year old running around in a tight soccer kit-

"Camila.." Lauren mumbled in awe which snapped me out of my daze right away. I guess she never knew my first name.

"Mom are you still going out this weekend?" My son snapped me out of another thinking session

I nodded my head in response. "I think so honey, why?"

"Is it still alright that I have that party, that's not really a party?" My son flickered between Lauren and I, begging that I let him.

"Is Lauren going to be here with you?" I asked questioning the two young adults.

"Yes" they both said in sync.

"Then yes. But only because I trust you both. I'm sure Lauren will help you clean up." I winked at Lauren with the slight bit of confidence I had.

A little smirk rose upon her face. She was cute and I was scared because I thought she was too cute.