Chapter Six

Camila's POV

Time went by slowly. Too slowly. After both Lauren and I had kissed I informed my son that I wouldn't need Lauren to do the garden anymore. I had hired someone new, someone professional to finish the job. All so I didn't have to see the green eyed girl. Jacob had been curious as to why I had stopped the girl from doing the job but I told him not to ask any questions because deep down I had no excuse. I had also asked Jacob to inform me when he had guests over. Guests being Lauren. When he would have guests over I would either lock myself in my office and work until my hands hurt from typing or I would make sure I was out of the house. All so I could avoid her.

I hadn't seen Lauren in a week. It was Saturday and I knew I had the green eyed girl waiting at my house as Jacob and Lauren would always hang out and play basketball in the garden on Saturdays. To keep myself away or busy, I decided to go visit the local supermarket. I got all the necessities I needed. Maybe I decided to do another lap just to waste some time. Pathetic really.

After I was done I made my way to the checkout. To my surprise my best friend Dinah had also happened to be in the line.

"MILA!" My best friend screamed across the entire store just to grab my attention.

"Hey D. How are you? I've missed you!" I said back just as excitedly.

"Girl you would not believe how busy I've been with the business and stuff. How's Jacob? Those kids alright with him at school now or...?" Dinah asked seriously. Knowing Dinah if I had said Jacob wasn't okay she would've flown down to the school and beat the headmasters ass.

"Yeah they're much better with him now. Jakes made loads of new friends and they're pretty good with him." Friends. Friend. Lauren. That had reminded me that I still had Lauren at home no doubt. "Hey D. Do you perhaps want to come over for a glass of wine or a cup of coffee? I have nothing to do today so maybe we could have a catch up?" Please say yes I thought in my head.

"Hell yeah! Sure Mila let's do it!" She became giddy about the idea. Let's do this.

—————

As I pulled up outside my house I began to worry about the fact that perhaps Lauren could be inside. I was so caught up in my thoughts that Dinah physically smacked me out of it.

With a harsh slap on the arm I heard Dinah whisper "oh my god who is THAT?" I lifted my eyes to see both Jacob and Lauren laughing whilst kicking a football around in the front garden.

"Dinah don't be weird. That's just Lauren Jacobs friend." I mumbled as I had hoped the green eyed girl would've left.

"Girl I am not gay but she looks so good! Wow. I wish I looked like that in high school." Dinah mumbled off whilst still staring at the pale girl.

I opened my car door and began to move to the back of the car. I lifted up the trunk and asked Dinah to help me with a few of the bags.

"Hey mom!" My son shouted running over with football in hand.

"Hey. Grab some bags for me and put them in the kitchen. Thank you." With a slight groan Jacob lifted up a few of the bags and proceeded off in to the house.

"You've been avoiding me." I heard a husky voice say from behind me.

"No I haven't." I mumbled as I began to sort out the bags in the trunk

"Camila look at me." Lauren said more forceful this time.

I didn't. I began fiddling even more frantically. I wanted to. God I wanted to look in to those green pools. I couldn't. As I was messing around with the bags I felt a cold hand wrap around my arm and turn me around.