Chapter One

Jacob Cabello. My new best friend since school started up. We had been friends for five weeks and I had already grown to love the Curley haired, brown eyed boy. He was there for me more in five weeks than any of the friends I'd had for years.

It started on a Monday. Kids running through the corridors wet through as the rain had come down massively. Groups of damp teenagers everywhere. Chad, the school bully was stood surrounded by his chimps and they were making a ruckus. No teacher was in sight and I assumed another eighth grader was being made to hand his money over. It was only when a loud smack echoed through the corridors did everyone realise it was much more than an eight grader gang up.

People rushed over to join the circle which had now formed due to the commotion and I felt the need to see too. A young boy who I had never seen before was on the floor with two boys practically draping over him. I took what I could from the situation and I assumed that this boy must have retaliated in some way to get Chads boys to do his dirty work. He must have made the loud punching echo. Which means this boy, who was skinnier than me and looked weak as hell, had punched the top dog Chad Bishop.

All  I could do was look at this boy and think wow. He was the first person to stand up to Chad since I had three years ago. I quickly shoved my way through the crowd so I was on the front line.

"Hey chad, come on I thought you'd got over this 'acting stronger than you actually are' shit."

"Fuck you Jauregui!" Chad grimaced as his top lip bled.

"No chad, fuck you. How about you leave this boy alone and I won't mention what happened between us in ninth grade." I smirked as his face now dropped.

A loud frustrated noise came out from chads mouth. "Fuck. Whatever Lauren. Come on Brad and Mike. He's not fucking worth it anyways!"

I grimaced as mike threw one last punch in to the young boys ribs. I couldn't help but wonder where the hell the teachers were. When you don't need them they're everywhere. And when you do, they're nowhere.

"Thank you." A painful whimper elected from the boys mouth.

"Don't thank me, it was nothing," I said. "Now get yourself up and clean yourself up. Class starts in ten" I said as I dragged the poor boy to his feet.

"Lauren Jauregui right? I've heard about you already." The boy squinted as his eyes regained vision.

"Who's mentioned me?" I asked the bloody boy sceptically.

"Just everyone. The teachers. The entire school. The cheer team for sure."

"Oh, I'm sure the teachers had lovely things to say about me." I rolled my eyes. Nothing good comes from their mouths.

"That's true. They didn't say much other than to not hang around with you as you have 'bad time keeping habits'" he painfully chuckled.

"That seems about right. What grade are you in?" I started making my way down the corridor to the nearest toilets."

"Im in twelfth grade." He hopped as he talked.

"Wow you look younger." I looked at the smaller boy. "Doesn't help how you're smaller than me to be honest. Even if it is an inch."

He chuckled under his breath. "Hey Lauren.." he stopped as did I. "..my names Jacob. Jacob Cabello."

And I knew then that I was introduced in to a new friendship.