Section 1 (New)

Harry was nervous as he approached the stool. The professor he had met in the halls just before had told the first years what to expect when they sat down but he couldn't help the anxiety rising in his chest.

He had seen the hat sort a few people already so he was sure it didn't hurt, but all the same what would it say? It seemed no matter where the children went that table was always excited to have a new person. Gryffindor appeared to cheer the loudest whenever they received a new person.

He took a seat and he felt the hat placed on his head. It mumbled for a moment and then there was a pause of suspense as everyone waited to see where Harry would be placed.

Harry wasn't sure if you could just ask for whatever you wanted. Instead he sat silent there while the hat rambled on about his mind.

Finally the hat called out. "SLYTHERIN."

The slytherins table erupted with cheers, while there was some looks of astonishment from staff and older students. Harry wasn't sure why but he got the sense people had feared he might be sorted there. He heard a professor mumble something about thinking he would be in gryffindor then he was ushered over to his table so the next student could get sorted.

He joined his peers at the table marked for slytherin students. Cunning, pure, respectable wizards and witches. No doubt these people here meant business and would certainly be great allies.

Harry didn't really know what to expect and realized he didn't know anyone from his table besides draco malfoy, whom he had already met in the hall before the sorting. He sat down next to draco and glanced over at the gryffindor table. "I am Draco malfoy, this is Crabbe and Goyle." He says pointing to his followers. "I know we got off poorly at first but now that you are here I'm sure we will be close as brothers."

Harry nods to this. He had met mr. malfoy in the hall before the sorting where they had a small spat when draco had mentioned he shouldn't befriend the wrong sorts at school. Draco of course had been referring to ron and hermione, two students who had been sorted into gryffindor. Harry would judge people based on their actions not on their opinions of each other and told Malfoy he could figure it out himself.

It wasn't long then that Dumbledore made an announcement warning students not to wander the third floor less they wish to die and he also warned first years not to wonder off the schools grounds because the forest was dangerous and full of all kinds of murder you things.

"Am i the only one who finds it strange that... we literally could die here?" Harry says.

Draco kind of laughs. "We don't go in the forest or the third floor if you are so worried about it."

Then the feast began. Harry had not expected such a huge assortment of treats and foods he felt as if he had died and gone to a heaven of food. Most people didn't pay Harry any mind at the moment because they were rushing to get what they wanted before it was all gone.

Draco however, saw Harry staring at the piles of dishes and nudged him in the arm. "It's for eating not gawking. Grab something before the older kids take it all."

Harry shook himself back to reality. "I've never seen so much food in one place before."

Draco gives him a curious look. "Never? What? You live under a rock?"

"Cupboard under the stairs." Harry replied scoping a spoon of potatoes onto his plate.

"Surely your parents fed you?" Draco says before he remembered both of Harry's parents were said to have died. "Err..." he frowns.

"I live with my aunt and uncle." Harry says kind of looking away. Draco could tell that he was upset.

"I shouldn't ... i didnt think about what I was saying." Draco mumbles. "I already knew I just didn't think before I spoke."