*Chapter 3: Flying Practice

(Edited: 11-25-2016)

"Hello class I'm madam hooch." 

Class echoes "good morning madam hooch." 

The women got to the end of the two lines of students in rows facing each other. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Now! I want you all to put your right hand over your broom and say up." 

Harry put his hand over the broom and said up as directed and was the first to get his broom to come to him. 

"now that you have a hold of your broom I want you to grasp it firmly and hold tight... now when I say three I want you to kick off hoover for a moment and then lean forward and touch back down... ready one, two, three..... Longbottom get back down here at once!"

A boy had begun to float up Harry saw how terrified he was. It seemed as if the boy had no control of the broom he was on and suddenly went speeding through the air being jerked back and forth. Until finally he fell off near the side of the wall and got caught on a statue hanging out, then slipping and getting caught again on one of the torches, then finally his robe ripped and he fell splat on the ground. 

"Out of my way!" madam hooch called pushing through the students as they stared at the poor boy. "Oh... Oh dear you've broken your arm... I have to take this boy to the hospital wing... if I see one broom in the air. the one riding it will be expelled faster than you can say Quidditch." 

Harry saw Draco bend down to pick something up. "Maybe if the fatty had given this a squeeze he would have remember to fall on his big fat ass." Draco looked at potter. "Hop on your broom potter." He called and jumped on his. 

Harry floated up hoping that madam hooch wouldn't see him.

"Go long potter." Draco yelled and threw Neville's remembrall. Losing it was easy because of its color and the way it looked moving through the air. After Draco threw it he lost it almost instantly but harry was on it. 

He could see it clear as the nose on his face and when he caught it he was so happy he hadn't seen the professor watching him from the window. Harry sped back to his class mates with the ball in hand and waved as everyone crowded around him. Harry took the tiny ball to the Gryffindor students Hermione and Ronald. "Here give this back to that Longbottom he seems like he needs it." 

But before the two had time to reply McGonagall appeared "harry potter!" she yelled and came over to him grabbing his shoulder and pulling him inside. "Excuse me professor I'm sorry to interrupt you lesson but I need to burrow Elle Streator for just a moment." The old women waved the girl over.... Elle I know my place is not Slytherin but I thought you should know Mr. Potter here is quite the seeker! I just watched him catch a flying remembrall in front of my window." 

she looked at Elle. "You pulled me out of class for this? Women I decide who gets to be on the Slytherin team you butt your nose out of our business!" Elle dismissed McGonagall and looked potter over and over. "So you're a first year hm? well first years don't always make the cut.... We need a strong team to beat Gryffindor you will go with our head of house Snape and our perfect jean bloodhorn to make sure you're up to snuff. They'll come get you after Halloween when Quidditch season starts." Elle dismisses harry and goes back to class. 

"Ok I guess I'll go to potions now."

In potions class there is a lot of talking and harry can't find anywhere to sit. Then he sees a seat open next to the red headed boy from Gryffindor. Harry sits next to the boy and pulls out his stuff. 

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class.... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death..." Snape prattles on.