*Chapter 4: Halloween

(edited: 11-17-2016)

Draco was sitting on his bed looking out the window at the lake that morning when harry woke up.

"You see something out there Malfoy?" harry said.

"No, just thinking." Draco said without looking away from the window. "I can't believe we've already been here a month it seems like only yesterday we were being sorted you know." Draco turned around and looked at harry. "I'm glad that there aren't any classes today... you know because it's a holiday." Draco turned back to the window. Draco pulled out a clean robe and dress shirt to go under it harry did the same.

When harry got down stairs to the common room he saw Crabbe and Goyle already dressed and sitting on the couch.

"Draco." Goyle called when he saw the two come down the stairs. "We have news from ... you know who."

Draco ran over and huddled with Goyle and Crabbe in the corner. Then came back and grabbed Harry's arm. "Ok potter what do you want to do today?"

"What were you guys just talking about over there?"

Draco looked at them and they both shook their heads no. "We were talking about you know who he found a way to come back its here in the castle and he's going to attempt to go after it tonight." Draco started to walk towards the door Goyle, and Crabbe followed. harry decided to stay and write the paper due in potions next week.

Harry didn't finish till it was about supper time and he hadn't seen or heard from Malfoy or the others so he decided to meet them at dinner.

Sitting at the Slytherin table for dinner, just as they would any other day, harry couldn't stop his self from looking at the Gryffindor house table. A month since the fight, he had given up trying to be friends with Ron and Hermione, but today only Ron was at the table he didn't see Hermonie anywhere.

"Where's that mudblood granger at?" Draco tapped harry shoulder.

"Haven't seen her yet today... I mean ummm... why would I know that!" harry tried to save himself but it was too late.

"Not that it matters but I heard she's been in the bathroom since this morning crying her eyes out. dumb mudblood whatever made her cry all day I'm sure she deserved."

Harry wondered if Malfoy knew more than he was saying so harry prompted more out of him. "Draco, do you know why she's in the bathroom?"

"Potter so stubborn... fine if you really want to know... she heard weasly tell Longbuttom that he thinks she's crazy and she has no friends." Draco looked at Ron.

Harry wondered, he thought they had been friends so why was he telling Neville she didn't have friends. Just as harry was about to get up and go ask Ron why he had said such horrible things about her the dark arts teacher professor Quirrell busted in "TROLLLLL IN THE DUNGEON TORLL IN THE DUNGEON! Just thought you should to know." then collapsed on the floor all was quiet for a second. Then the hall exploded with panic and screams from all the tables.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yelled everyone stopped and faced him "everyone will please, not panic, students will follow the perfects to the dormitories, teachers will please follow me to the dungeons."

Jean bloodhorn the Slytherin perfect tried to pick through the crowd of students filing out of the great hall. "Slytherin, this way and be quick about it stay together." Jean got to the front a searched the crowd for the first year Slytherin's. "First years hurry this way!" all around harry saw the perfects running around the great hall trying to find their students.

Most of the students were grouping in the corridors waiting for the perfects to lead them to the dorms, but harry was watching the Gryffindor table. Harry thought of a way he could get Draco to go with him to the girl's bathroom but couldn't think of a reason to save Hermonie. "Draco, if granger really is in the bathroom don't you think we should go tell her there is a troll lose in the school?" Harry's eyes were big almost pleading because he was worried.

"Potter your too soft." Draco sneered then looked around trying to find a way through the crowd to get back to the dorm.

"Draco, I know you think she deserves to be hurt or possibly killed but... don't you want you to be the one that dose it?"

"Fine potter if it will shut you up we'll go but only to tell her to get to the dorms." Draco grumbles defeated by Harry's persistence.

Harry and Draco pushed through the crowd and ran to the girl bathroom. "Draco stop!" harry yelled. "look." he pulled Draco up against the wall to hide them from a shadow walking down the hall. "I think the troll has left the dungeon." The huge beast stomped into the girl's bathroom and they heard a scream.

"No, I'm out! you never said anything about fighting a troll." Draco stammers turning back down the hall to run.

"What are you scared Malfoy." Harry teases.

Harry ran into the bathroom and pointed his wand at the troll "um... stupefy!" the spell bounced off the troll without harming it.

The troll turned on him eyes blazing.

"Potter get down!" Draco yelled "avada kadavara!" Draco killed the troll then pointed his wand at Hermonie her eyes got big and she looked back at him "I saved you granger this was a one time deal... if you ever tell anyone what happened today I swear I won't hesitate to kill you like I just did him." Draco pointed at the troll then put his wand away.

Harry and Draco exchanged looks then started to leave just then the teachers came running into the bathroom. Quirrell looked down at the troll and then at Draco looking extremely angry but then changing his expression to more of a pleased sort of look.

McGonagall stepped forward "what... explain your selves both of you."

harry tried to reply but Hermonie was the one who spoke. "It's my fault professor... I'd read about trolls and thought I could handle it. If these too hadn't shown up when they did I'd probably be dead." Draco and harry looked at each other than at the professor.

"10 points will be taken from Gryffindor miss granger for your serious lack of judgment... however you two.... Not many first years can take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale... 10 points will be awarded to each of you... for pure dumb luck."

They look at Hermonie one last time and then run off to the dorms before the perfect finds out them weren't there. When they got to the dorm they saw the jean bloodhorn waiting for them.

"And just where were you two at?" jean said looking at them.

"I have a better question jean do you want to deal with my father?"

"Is that a threat Draco?"

"If it has to be now get out of the way!" Draco pushed past jean into the common room where he saw most of Slytherin house waiting because no one knew what else to do. "You go ahead and talk with Crabbe and Goyle Malfoy, I'm sure they'll want to know everything you want them to... me I'm going to go to bed." Harry said and went upstairs. 'one spell... one spell took down that huge troll. when mine only bounced off of it.'

Harry sat on his bed staring out the window at the lake. "What's wrong harry?" a voice he never heard before a fellow first year like himself but not a boy's voice. It was faith clockspirit

"oh it's nothing, it's just... I can't say Malfoy told me not to."

"Well if he said not to then you shouldn't say anything. Is your head alright?"

"Well faith I don't mean to be rude but I'm not in the mood to converse right now so if you please just go away thank you. Faith left leaving harry with his thoughts. Hermonie had stood up to a teacher to save them from getting possibly expelled even though she could have been expelled to.

Harry knew he needed to stop thinking about the Gryffindor girl, as much as he still wished they could be friends they would always be enemies. Harry pulled on his pajamas on and got in bed pulling the blankets up to his chin. From this day forth I will have nothing to do with those two Gryffindor's.