Section 2 (new)

They entered the classroom room about 5 minutes late because they got lost. Turns out hogwarts was huge and if you made one wrong turn you could end up on the other side of the school.

Draco looks around the room and kind of smirks. "I know we are a tiny bit late but it looks like we at least beat the professor.

Harry nods. "Just a cat here." He remarks pointing to the cat on the desk.

The cat leaps into the air and transforms into the professor.

"Wicked." harry says in aw.

"How the..." draco starts.

"You're late. Perhaps I should turn you into a pocket watch, that way one of you might be on time."

"Sorry professor, we got lost." Harry mumbles.

"Then a map perhaps?" She says, with little laugh.

(don't give me shit for this. I realized after rewatching Chamber of Secrets that I had gotten the two films transfiguration calsses mixed up. HOWEVER, the first years were not shown to be learning anything in transfiguration first year. I looked up a list of things taught in transfiguration and the animals into water goblets didn't even make the list?! So i'm going to leave it here and i will just make it that they learn something else in the second book.)

"Alright class, now settle down. Today we will be learning the art of transfiguration." she announces. She instructs the children how to do the spell and then has each student try it.

Harry ends up turning a frog into a half goblet half frog and it kind of scares him so he puts his wand down for a moment until he can ask what he had done wrong. The professor told him to pronounce the spell boldly and to try again. That seemed to work and this time he was able to make the goblet though it was frog colored and didn't look like anything you'd want to drink out of.

Draco turns a different frog into a plate and then frowns.

"Thats cool." Harry says.

"I was trying to make a goblet." Draco mumbles.

At the table next to them they hear hermione talking to some of her housemates. "You're saying it wrong."

Apparently the boy, ron, didn't hear her. He starts flicking his wand rapidly. His rat turned into a goblet, but it was covered in fur and had a tail.

Hermione corrected ron and then transformed the rat back into a rat with a counter spell.

Harry nudged draco. "At least we aren't the only screw ups in class."

Draco shrugs. "True."

-later-

Charms class was going about the same way as transfiguration, but at least this spell was easier to learn. The levitation charm would surely be plenty useful.

Again the girl from gryffindor was trying to tell ronald that he was pronouncing the spell incorrectly and this time he responded. "Alright then if you're so smart you do it then?"

Clearly she hadn't picked up on his sarcasm as she performed the spell and shot him a smirk of victory.

He replied with an irritated eyeroll.

"Well done miss granger. 10 points to gryffindor." The professor said.

Not wanting to be out done by a gryffindor, draco, insisted on showing off that he could also perform a simple charm. He did so without issue only to be distracted as the feather of a different student burst into flame.