Chapter Six - Calming stroll

(y/n) woke up the next day feeling quite... emotionless. She was never one to wake up with a smile, but today she just wasn't having it. She got out of bed and did her daily routine, changing into the clothes she had worn yesterday. She put it in the washing machine and tumble dryer the previous night, so it would be clean for today. She made Zoey breakfast after waking her up, then she dressed her, wearing a pink t-shirt with overalls and pink sneakers.

Her mother braided her hair and they were ready for the day. They decided to take a stroll around the city, maybe go to a small store and buy a few things, but they don't know yet. They walk along the sidewalks, everyone not bothered by how a little girl, as herself, is walking with such a violent woman.

Nobody cares and doesn't give any dirty looks, probably used to this type of display by now. (y/n) picks her daughter up and sits her on her shoulders, holding onto her arms and legs for support. She lets out a giggle, trusting her mother not to harm her or drop her.

They continue their walk, stopping by a parking lot once they hear grunts, curses and metal hitting metal.

She shakes her head and goes towards the sound, spotting Colossus and Wolverine fighting three guys, and apparently, they're struggling. She sits Zoey on the back of a car, kissing her forehead.

"Mommy will be right back, stay here, okay?" she nods, so (y/n) looks around quickly, picking up a baseball bat laying beside the car. She rushes to the three guys, half scream/grunting, which catches their attention. She lunges herself into the air, turning around after hitting one with the bat. He falls to the ground while clutching his broken nose to stop the blood from spewing from his wound.

She swings again, while in the air, this time hitting the second guy. She lands on her feet, sliding a little. A pink thing catches her attention, so she looks down and sees pink-furred handcuffs.

"Kinky." she whispers, picking it up and setting the bat down. The third guy rushed to her, so she quickly kicked him in the crotch and grabbed his arm when he tried to clutch the area. She takes his other arm before kicking him off his feet, grabbing his right leg. She cuffs his hands together with his foot above the chain, which means he can't run and he's in a tough position.

She takes the bat again, smashing it into the two guys when they come up to her. Finally, she hits the first guy so hard that his skull cracks, so he tumbles over, bleeding out onto the tarmac. (y/n) faces the second guy, still clutching his nose.

He scurried off, only to get punched by Colossus. He fell to the ground, whimpering and cowering. The female tries her best to hold it all together, trying not to scream, cry or run away.

"Nice work, um..." Colossus trails off, trying to think about her name, if he knows it.

"Dude." she answers, pouting under her mask.

"You... call yourself 'Dude'?" Wolverine asked with a streak of disgust, walking up to the two of them.

"You can't take down three morons?" (y/n) asks, smirking under her mask. His face turns from disappointment to shock at how forward she was being.

"Touche." he comments.

"Well, thank you, Dude." the taller male smiles softly, "You know, I have seen you at your work before, you really know how to fight." his Russian accent rings in her ears.

"Yeah." she shrugs her shoulders, "Where's this going?"

"Well-"

"He can't stop talking about you," Wolverine states, folding his arms, "he always says that he wishes you could be apart of our team." the male shoots a glare at the other, "He also said something about you being able to balance being a mother and fight or something like that."

"Speaking of which-"

"Yes," Colossus sighs, "I would like to offer you a chance to become an X-man in training." he says softly.

"Why me?" (y/n) asks, staring at Zoey, who's drawing faces on the dusty window of the BMW.

"He said once that he wants you to join, 'cause you're so dedicated and stuff, then he said something about wishing his daughter was somewhat like you." the moment Wolverine said that, the female's heart sank. If only he knew who he was actually talking to...

"Look, I have to go." she pleads, "And I don't want part of your, so called, 'team'." she uses air quotes, "All you do is waste other's time by giving speeches and saying how you're all gonna save the world and shit, when you fucking don't. I don't give a fuck, go fuck yourself and g'day, ma'ladies!" she pushes past them and rushes to her daughter, picking her up.

"You're so cool!" Zoey squeals, "I wanna be just like you when I grow up!"

"Me too, love." (y/n) pecks her chubby cheek and puts her bag back on, holding her with protective arms around her form.

I feel so bad for us...

Wolvie sure is an ass-hat.

Agreed, good thing we can't tell him things to his face, huh?

Yeah, he sucks shit sometimes.

With a soft sigh, the mother starts walking again, heading in the direction she was going in when she head the commotion.

--

Colossus makes his way to the front desk, stopping in front of the woman before him, "Hi, sir, who would you like to pay a visit to today?" she asks politely.

"(y/n) (l/n)." he responds. The woman stops and looks at him her smile fading away, "What is it?"

"She ran away years ago." she explains in a whisper, not wanting to attract any attention, "She took others with, killed them, and disappeared. We still don't know where she is. We're all worried about our little situation, because she could just pop out of nowhere and kill us all. It's been six years, I'm sure, by now, she's gotten an army or something."

Colossus' breath hitches. That feeling he had felt when near (y/n), that strong, warm feeling towards her wasn't nothing, it was his brain telling him, she's his daughter. What hurt more than realization, was that Wolverine had told her that he would rather have her then than have her when she was younger. He internally screams at himself while nodding to the woman.

"Well, thank you for your time." he says with his accent, turning around and leaving the asylum.

--

(y/n) walks into the beloved bar after dropping Zoey off at her house with a babysitter. She walks over to the counter and sits down, everything inside of her is telling her to cry and drink her feelings away, so she decides that she's only going to drink enough to make herself tipsy, then she'll go back home and take one long bubble bath.

She ordered a few shots of vodka from Weasel and a beer. He had asked if she was okay, but all she said was that she might tell him if she gets too drunk, but she wouldn't know until she does. He wasn't entirely satisfied with that answer, but he accepted it.

After a bit or drinking and taking shots, (y/n) felt herself get a little tipsy, just as she planned. She was just about to pay and leave, but the familiar, comforting smell of chimichangas, pancakes and cheap perfume filled her senses. She turned to her left, seeing the same red-suited goofball she calls her 'partner' for some reason.

"Hey, Babe." he greets with enthusiasm. She hums, unable to pretend to be happy at the moment, "Heyyy, what's wrong?" he asks calmly, his voice sounding so comforting, even in such a place, where people are doing body shots, getting private dances and so forth.

"She won't say." Weasel sighs. She stays in her seat, changing her mind. She orders the same drink Wade has ordered, both of them sipping from the intoxicating beverage.