Chapter Eleven - Fatherly instincts

After a long stroll, the three make it to (y/n)'s apartment, unlocking the door and walking in. She quickly locks the door and follows Wade to Zoey's room, where they swiftly change her into her pajamas and tuck her into bed, both of them leaving gentle kisses on her cheeks. They leave the room quietly and sit on the sofa in the living room, sighing softly.

She smiles and faces him. Such a violent killing machine has such a huge soft side for her and her daughter. She must admit, he would be a great dad; it's just a shame he doesn't have children of his own...

"Like what you see, Babe~?" Deadpool smirks. She only then realizes she had been staring, so she looks away, squeezing her legs together sheepishly, "Aw, I didn't mean to startle you~." he leans his head on her shoulder, "You can stare at me whenever you want, baby." she blushes darker and nods, staring at him from the corner or her eye. He yawns, "Man, what a day! I wonder if Al is fine..."

"Who's Al?"

"No need to get jelly, babes," he chuckles, sitting up with his legs spreading open a bit, "she's my roomie. She's blind and kinda old, not my type, but I'd hit that if she wasn't like a mommy to me."

Fucking relatable, Daddy-pool.

"That's understandable." she nods, blushing even darker when she feels his arm gets placed over her shoulders, pulling her into a half hug.

"I'm really glad you're okay, Babe."

"Why do you still call me 'Babe'? You know my name..." she asks, resting her head in his neck groove once again.

"Cause I like calling you 'Babe', Babe." he hums to himself, but stops and scoffs, "I'm not doing that." (y/n) could already tell he was talking to the voices in his head, so she didn't intervene. She simply climbs onto his lap, her legs sitting on the sofa, her head resting on his shoulder. She doesn't know what she's doing anymore. She hardly knows this man, but she still finds herself being so open and comfortable with him.

She would normally tell anyone who was doing this that they're weird or crazy, but, here she is, doing what she is totally against. "So, Wade Willson, could you tell me about yourself?"

Sound so formal.

Ew.

"Um, what do you wanna know?" Wade asks, keeping an arm around her for support.

"Anything you're willing to tell..." she responds and shrugs her shoulders.

"Well, first off, I'm not Francis's worker. I'm my own person." he states, "Ummm, I don't take my mask off as much, you probably don't know why-"

"I remember how you look, Wade..."

"Oh..." he looks away, "Thought you didn't remember anything about that."

"It's coming back in small doses." she shrugs again, "Go on, I'm listening." he nodded, and continued to tell her about what had happened in the first movie, then he told her what Vanessa and what had happened to her. It took a lot from him to do so and (y/n) was understanding about it. He had lost his lover in an unexpected fight, just when they were going to start trying for a baby...

She gives him a small smile, "You know, we might have only met a few days ago, but I don't care." she gently presses her face into his neck, "You're apart of my and Zoey's life now... So, if you'd like, you c-could be Zoey's dad. I mean, I know it's weird saying that, but she really likes you and her real dad is more on the evil side than crazy."

"Really?" he asks, sounding almost as if he's crying. She pulls her head away from him and nods, looking into his eyes.

"Yeah, really. I don't make jokes like this, DP." he pulls her into a hug, hugging her like never before.