Chapter Nine - 'Betrayed'

After a bit of thinking, and doubting, the duo finally leave the alley, running to the road. They take out their katanas and stand in a stance, their backs facing each other. They wait for the guy to return, but they don't get a guy. Anger fills (y/n) once she sees her father walking out from a different alley. She lowers her weapons and tells Wade to do the same, the both of them staring at Colossus.

"What do you want?!" she snaps, thinking he wants to offer her the spot on the X-men again.

"I want to talk." he says and walks closer to the two.

"Hi, Colossus!"

"You fight with Wade now?" he asks, looking at his daughter. She shrugs and rolls her eyes, "Look, I know who you are..."

"Back atcha! And g'night!" she tries pulling Deadpool with her away from the situation, but Colossus pulls them back.

"(y/n)."

"Look, man," Wade stands up for the two of them, "if she doesn't want to talk to you, then she doesn't have to. You'll just have to understand that, oh-kay?!" he faces the female, "Let's go, Babe." he pulls her by the hand, sprinting away from her father, who stays in his spot, disgusted by the name he had called her.

The duo stop running once they were far enough from Colossus, he pulls her into a different alley, pinning her to a wall, "Wade-"

"Why don't you want to talk to Colossus?" he asks in a soft tone, letting got of her shoulders. She sighs, bowing her head.

"He's..." she scratches her arm nervously, "my d-dad..." it felt almost as if time had slowed down after saying that. The two stay in the alley, staring at each other with no words said. She sighs, "I-" before she could finish her sentence, Deadpool pulls her into a hug, an arm around her back with his free hand in her hair, gently pushing her face into his neck again.

She was taken to an asylum without the love of her father, she lost her lover and her father most likely killed him. She was raised by a strict man who obviously didn't care enough to keep her in his home and help her through her 'mental issue'. She was most likely ignored, since he's a hero and fights crime, plus he has a job. She lost her mother as well... Not to mention, Colossus shot her in her ankle not too long ago... Wade feels bad for her. All he wants to do is comfort her until the gray cloud above her head goes away.

He holds her tightly, feeling her arms wrap around him as well. He sighs. She has to put on a mental mask to cover her feelings from her daughter every single day, she must be tired of hiding, tired of pretending, but she still does it to keep her daughter happy.

As much as he wants to know how she came to be, he stays silent and keeps her in his embrace. She clings onto him, breathing in his scent. After a few minutes, they both sigh and let go of one another, walking out of the alley together. They walk back to the bar, heading to the counter, where they see Weasel, but not Zoey.

"Hey, Weaz." (y/n) greets the panicked bartender.

"Hey, (y/n), what's up?" he asks, trying to act casual.

"Where's Zoey?" she asks calmly, but, on the inside, she's screaming.

"I, um..."

"Where the fuck is Zoey?" Deadpool snaps, gritting his teeth. The two mercs glare at Weasel, almost ready to rip their friend's head off. He sighs in defeat and hands them a note, which (y/n) takes, reading aloud.

"Nice to see you again, (y/n). I assume everything is going swell, so I will not waste any time asking how you are or how you have been." she reads, "Now, I am going to need you to do something for me, alright? I am going to need you to come down to the abandoned fabric factory. That is where I will be keeping our daughter." she feels her heart sink, a dizzy feeling washing over her, "Don't be too late, for I have a surprise. F." she whispers the last bit.