𝑐ℎ.;3 |The After-Effects|

A/N

Hello

Welcome to the third chapter of this book

Disclaimer: none this time its fluff

Have a great read, don't forget to vote and comment, i love reading your guys' comments.

✩。:*•.後遺症.•*:。✩

You woke up feeling dizzy and dehydrated

You could barely open your eyes, and the light shining from the window didn't help either. You went to scratch your head, but you felt your arm attached to something you didn't recognize. You looked down, and you paled. 'What is this and what is it doing in my arm??' You looked around you for answers, and you saw the familiar spiky black hair.

You pulled the thing out of your arm, though it hurt you wanted to inform giyuu about this place as soon as possible.

When you stood up you almost immediately fell down.  When the room stopped spinning around in your head, you went to the black-haired boy.

You checked if he was harmed more than before, only to see the same thing that was in your arm in his. You didn't trust this place, but you let it in avoiding any further damage. 

You were so confused. Did the people in black outfits bring you here? If so, what did they do to you?

Where is Sabito?

Where did they take his body? Does Giyuu know?

You wanted to know everything immediately.

And as if the Gods heard your prayers, You heard someone opening the door. Your fighting instincts told you to take your weapon and be prepared, but as you were about to take your trusted katana, it wasn't there. 

Behind the door was a... beautiful girl?

"Please get back to your bed!-  Oh god what happened to your IV?!"

You just stood there awestruck. 'She is so pretty...'

Her voice sounded like something from heaven, you could already feel heat rush to your cheeks.

"Are you okay? Please get back to bed and I'll explain everything." She sounded so calm

It's like she cast a spell on you, you instantly went to your said bed and let her put the IV in again. At that moment you realized what was actually going on. You shook your head.

"Tell me where I am." You sounded a bit harsher than you wanted to. 

"You're in the butterfly estate! The kakushi brought you from the final selection. We take care of the injured demon slayers."

You guessed that they also took care of Sabito, you hoped they gave him a nice place to rest.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Oh, I feel just fine, what's your name?" You didn't mean to be pushy but you really wanted to know.

"Oh! I apologize for not introducing myself first, I'm Kanae Kocho, soon to be the master of the butterfly estate!" She smiled brightly, it made you smile too.

"I'm [Name] Kamado. Nice to meet you- Giyuu!" You saw him wake up, you wanted to run to his side but the butterfly girl beat you to it.

"I'm glad you're awake, How are you feeling?"

He was dazed, not by the girl, but just in general. You looked at him worriedly. You don't have any clue as to what happened before you arrived at the tragic scene. Kocho didn't want to push him for answers so she didn't mind.

"Both of you are in good shape so you can leave whenever you would like. But before that, you guys get your assigned crows and get to choose your ore for the katanas! Rest well." She smiled again, making you also smile, yet again.

With that, she left. 

Giyuu looked at you, checking if you were too injured or anything, just like the butterfly girl said you weren't.

"Do you want to talk about what happened there or do you want to give it some time?"

"Where is Sabito." That didn't sound like a question, more like a command.

You thought about your answer, 'Should I lie? No, he has the right to know the answer... Wouldn't he be too hurt? Still though. He needs to know what happened to his best friend.'

"Okay, I'll explain everything that happened, including what happened to Sabito. What was the last thing you remember?"

"So something did happen! If only I wasn't so dumb and get thrown into the stupid tree!" He clenched his fists,  but he didn't know where to put them. He wants to hit something, mostly himself for what happened.

"It's not your fault, it's mine. If I wouldn't have left we could've defeated that-that big gooey thingy! Please don't blame yourself Giyuu." You looked at him sadly, now sitting up.

He stayed silent for a moment.

"S-So, are you going to tell me what happened to him-?" His voice cracked, he didn't want to cry in front of someone, he didn't want to cry in front of you.

You sighed, "I came by when you were being thrown at the tree, I was beside you while Sabito went and tried cut its neck, b-but..." You also couldn't contain yourself, even if you do barely know each other, they were your first friends, and losing one already is not fun.

Your fists clenched, not looking at Giyuu, " But the demon went for his head first. I was in so much shock I didn't know what to do. Thank God that the Sun came up unless we both would've been dead. That's all I know before I passed out." You said, now looking down at your lap

You finally looked over to Giyuu only to see him crying in his hands. 

Your frown deepened. 

You guys were just kids.

To be continued

⩥⫍*★,°*.☆*.°★*✿✧✧*★,°*:.☆:*.°★*。⩤⫎

edited, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh