𝑐ℎ.;11|The Reunion|

a/n

hey, Its been a while.

I'm suggesting to read the story again since there have been some changes, but you also don't have to since it wasn't really anything major.

enjoy!

.•*:。✩再会.•*:。✩

"Good morning, everyone. It feels like a beautiful day. The sky is a perfect blue, Isn't it?"

You could recognize his calm voice anywhere.

"It makes me very happy that we can have our twice-yearly hashira meeting... Without any members having changed."

You peeked to see Tanjiro curiously looking up at master, just for Sanemi to pound his head to the ground. You did know that Tanjiro's head could practically withstand anything though.

"Master, I sincerely pray for your increased happiness. It is good to see you so healthy."

You could only roll your eyes to Sanemi's sudden change of mood.

"Thank you, Sanemi."

The white-haired hashira started again, "I'm sorry but... Before the hashira meeting, would you be so kind as to tell us... About this corps member who travels with a demon, Tanjiro Kamado?"

After Sanemi said his last name, you could feel all the gazes that were on you again. You just wanted the meeting to be over with so you could talk normally to Tanjiro again, and even Nezuko. You could only wait and see what the fait of your siblings was going to be.

"I have accepted Tanjiro and Nezuko. And I want everyone else to do the same."

'You don't have to tell me twice...' You thought, you felt immense joy after hearing Oyakata-sama utter those words. Now you wouldn't have to worry about strangling that wind hashira...

Your good mood was quickly changed after hearing everybody's criticism.

Oyakata-sama went on to read the letter Sakonji Urokodaki wrote, the former water hashira.

-"Please forgive Tanjiro for being with his sister who is a demon. Through strong spiritual strength, Nezuko maintains her human reason. Even when starving, She refuses to eat people. She has persisted in this way for more than two years. It is difficult to understand, but it is undeniably the truth. Should Nezuko ever attack someone, together with Tanjiro Kamado...I, Sakonji Urokodaki and Giyu Tomioka will make amends by slicing open our stomachs."-

You were still very much confused as to what Tomioka had to do with all of this, but the things they were both willing to do for your remaining family made you feeling nothing but gratefulness. 

You looked to your left to see Tomioka's blank stare. Who would've that that he would be the one to put his life on the line for your little brother...

Oyakata-sama mentioned something that put everyone into shock, Tanjiro met Muzan???

Everyone started to pester him with questions, you could see he was getting bewildered.

"Can you guys just stop. Is it not obvious that he's getting completely overwhelmed with your questions??" Just then Oyakata-sama shushed everyone with just his finger.

You looked down, ashamed you might've been just as loud as anyone else here.

"Kibutsuji has sent his forces after Tanjiro, he may merely wish to silence him, but for the first time Kibutsuji has shown his tail and we have grabbed it. I don't want to let it go."

You could only be thankful for Oyakata-sama's understanding and logical nature.

"And it's possible Kibutsuji might have seen something unexpected in Nezuko too. Do you understand?"

Of course, once again it was Sanemi who couldn't understand.

He stood up and slashed his arm, splattering blood. He tried to tease Nezuko with the dripping blood on the box. He did something quite unexpected, even for his character.

He grabbed the box and went behind Oyakata-sama. You grasped the handle of your katana, ready to unsheathe it if anything would have happened.

Tanjiro quickly acted on it, trying to stand up but was hastily stopped by Obanai.

Everything was happening so fast you didn't know how to react, You couldn't decide between stopping Sanemi or helping Tanjiro. This same exact moment happened to you before, and the decision you made resulted in one death. You couldn't let that happen again.

You sprung towards Obanai, kicking him off of Tanjiro. You embraced Tanjiro and looked at him worriedly since he could barely breath before.

"Are you all right? Are you hurt?!"

He could only look at you, longingly, as if something that was missing his entire life had been happening right then and there.

This moment was quickly interrupted by none other than Sanemi and his childish shenanigans.

You could see Nezuko submerging from her box, she looked so... different.

Tanjiro couldn't stand what was happening and ran away from your embrace, Obanai tried to stop him once again but Tomioka had already grabbed his arm.

You looked behind, watching as Tomioka was holding onto Obanai. 

You didn't witness however Nezuko rejecting Sanemis drippling blood.

"In that case... Nezuko has proven she won't attack people."

You felt so proud in that moment. You always knew your family was the strongest one of the bunch.

Tanjiro somehow embarrassed himself by saying he'll defeat Muzan Kibutsuji himself. You could only grin since you didn't want to interrupt Oyakata-sama with laughter.

He ended the trial by advising Sanemi and Obanai to not be mean to Tanjiro.

And so with that, they took Tanjiro and Nezuko away to Shinobus mansion, with a few threats to Sanemi involving headbutting.

"And please! Onee-san! Please talk to me after your meeting"

You could only wave and nod as they took them away.

As they finally exited everyone's view, the main meeting began. It was standard stuff, involving the plan they had for the near future. After the meeting was over, everyone bid their goodbyes and you instantly ran to Shinobus butterfly estate.

Hoping, you could rebuild the relationship you once had with Tanjiro and Nezuko.

... To be continued