𝑐ℎ.;5 |Encounter|

RAAHHHHHHGUESS WHOS BACK (its been 3 god forsaken years since i published this book but be happy i even decided to keep going)

Anyways, have a good read.

.•*:。✩出会い.•*:。✩

Years have gone past since your final selection. Have already gotten your new blade and a crow,  you've gone on a lot of missions assigned to you. You earned scars from some, but you never felt ashamed.

Today was no different, except the fact that it was your birthday. You had planned to spend the day with your family, but your crow said otherwise. The mission is supposedly tough, and the way there is long. Like any other mission you've started, you told your family you were heading out.

"Happy 14th birthday [Name]!" Your younger brother Takeo came rushing to you. You knew how your birthdays went with him, starts off normal, hanging out and playing with your siblings but as soon as when your parents gift you something, your brother Takeo already calls dibs on it.

"Thank you Takeo, but I have a long journey to my designated location so I won't be able to hang out with you guys today," You responded to him.

Takeo was already saddened by that fact, yet he still tried his best not to show it. He only turned away and walked outside.

Your other siblings heard the conversation and ran up to you, "When will you get back [Name]??"

"Sooner than you'll expect," you turned away from them, taking your things. 

To this day, all your siblings still don't know about your demon hunting. You covered it up with a lie, that you had to deliver things to people and they bought it. Only your mother and father knew about this. They were the only ones that knew one day you might not  come back.

Of course, knowing you've killed tons of demons so far you comforted your mother with that fact. Your father on the the other hand encouraged you to keep moving forward and to tell him about all your missions.

"Craw! Craw! Head west now [Name]!! You don't want people to die now do you!"

You quickly shushed your crow, not trying to raise suspicion amongst your siblings.

Little did you know, Tanjiro had always known it was a lie. He didn't want to confront you since he thought it might be important. He always trusted you, so he kept quiet.

Stepping out of your house, you said goodbye to your family and went on your weary way.

As you were walking, you had noticed it came to be particularly cloudy. You didn't want it to rain so soon already, so you started walking faster to at least find some shelter before you become soaking wet.

As if on cue, you came across a wooden house in the middle of the forest. You hadn't noticed anyone around, however you still knocked to check if anyone was inside. To your surprise the door was opened by a sullen looking old man who wore a mask.