𝑐ℎ.;9 |Almost|

a/n

how are you guys doinggg???

hope youre alr! 

lets get on with the chapter!!!!11!!!1!

.•*:。✩  .•*:。✩

It's been 2 years since you've become a hashira. You have met the other ones as well, including Tomioka. You were more than happy to hear he has also gotten to the hashira rank. You never really communicated with the other pillars, only sometimes Mitsuri, the pillar of love. You thought her look suited her well.

You and Shinobu on the other hand, have gotten closer than before. You both bonded well, probably because of the shared trauma over her sisters and your best friends death. At first you assumed she would probably be heart broken, maybe even fall into depression, but it all morphed into anger. She tried to cover it up with the same kind and light hearted nature of her sister. But you could see right through it, you could see how her knuckles turned white from clenching her fists after talking about ways to defeat the second upper moon demon.

Throughout your life, you lost a lot of people. But on the way you also gained new ones. 

You still thought about the chances of survival of your two missing relatives. Your whole family was strong, so they could without a doubt survive in this cruel world. You hoped to see the two remaining family members soon.

.

You were returning from a mission, unfortunately it did not go as planned. This mission contained more than one demon, probably more than 10. Them being in such a big group gave them disadvantage, causing you to break your humerus, a bone in your arm. It took total concentration breathing to get you to execute them all.

Now walking towards the wisteria house, as it was closer than the butterfly estate, you felt sudden familiarity. You weren't sure of its origin, but it grew stronger and stronger. Must be the wisteria flowers.

You knocked on the entrance of the wisteria house, patiently waiting for the sweet kind lady to open the door. 

After some time, the old lady had finally answered the door. She asked you what happened as she escorted you to a room.

"I apologize dear child if there is any disturbance while you rest, you see, there is a group of teenagers that have just arrived from a tough mission. Even though they are incredibly tired, they seem incredibly loud as well!"

You chuckled at her worried face, "No worries ma'am, I doubt they would be able to disturb me, I sleep like a log!" 

Even after trying to humor the situation, she still told you if they were ever to be too loud, you should come to her.

A doctor had checked your arm, confirming that you have indeed broken your humerus bone. He gave you some pain killers and bandaged your arm. 

Afterwards, you have gotten ready to go rest. You slipped into your futon and just the scent of clean sheets have made you sleepy. 

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!"

That screech had immediately made you sit up. You were informed that they would be loud, but not necessarily start screaming. You heard some mumbling, but it later got quieter, so you went back to sleep.

The whole week, you were trying to meditate to increase the healing process. But because of those loud guests, it was harder.

You tried to be optimistic, "Maybe I can increase my concentration if I get myself to meditate whilst they are  going off."

It seemed like it's been forever when you finally fully healed. You took your belongings and said your goodbyes to the kind lady.

Your crow had stated that your next mission was supposed to be on Mt. Natagumo. Your only job was to see what the demons where up to, and then report back to the crow. You thought that was easy enough so you started your journey there.

.

While spying on the, what seemed like, a spider themed family of demons, you had noticed something odd about one of the children. You could tell by it's aura it was no regular demon. It could without a doubt be a moon demon.

Countless of demon slayers have been slaughtered by them, so you could only hope that whoever is assigned to this mission takes the demon down cruelly. 

You decided to write everything you found out and give it to the crow. Your crow obligated and went on its way to deliver the letter to Oyakata-sama.

Now that you had free time, you thought about going to the market before it got dark and then go on a mission with Mitsuri as planned. Shinobu couldn't come along though, apparently, there was a sparrow that tried to get Shinobus attention so she went with it. God knows where it might've taken her. Mitsuri always talked positively so hanging out with her was interesting. You were wondering what she would have to say today.

.

.

You made your way to her mansion and knocked. She almost instantly opened the door, as if she was waiting for you in front of her door. She quickly left her mansion whilst holding your hand, speed-walking to the destination you guys were supposed to cover.

You already noticed her flushed cheeks, which would always mean she couldn't wait to talk about something.

"... Well-"

"You won't guess what happened to me today!!"

You deadpanned, but stayed quiet to let her continue. 

"Me and Obanai had a conversation today!!"

That did make you curious, as you knew about her obvious crush on the said man.

"Well... What did you guys talk about?" You continued.

"Oh... um... I asked what is his snakes name, and he said his name is Kabarumaru!" She enthusiastically replied.

"... That's it?" "Yep!"

You could only stare at her, as she was practically glowing red from being so flustered.

With that, you guys conversed on various of topics for an unknown time. Covering the village grounds and slaying the demon was no hard job for two hashiras. After a while, both of your crows came flying to inform you about something,

"Craw! Urgent meeting at the headquarters!" Your crow stated.

"Apparently, they caught a boy with a demon sister! I wonder what master has to say about this! Craw!"

You and Mitsuri looked at each other puzzled. That did indeed sound interesting.

Both of you started your way back to the headquarters. As you got there with Mitsuri, other hashira were already waiting for the meeting to start.

The kakushi then brought in what seemed like an unconscious boy. His hair and haori seemed all too familiar to you.

Then you gasped, It can't be.

You're eyes widened, but you decided to stay quiet. This was a trial, and your brother was the cause of it.

... To be continued.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhaaahaha cliffhanger lol