𝑐ℎ.;8 |Ranking up|

a/n

idrk but im sorry if theres too many timeskips or smth in this story i just dont feel like writing everything thats been happening to the mc every year of their lives <3

hope youre all doing well

have a good read!!

.•*:。✩ランクアップ.•*:。✩

You didn't know what to say to Shinobu, as of now she'd probably be mad at you since you left the butterfly estate as soon as you heard the news.

You thought of excuses that could potentially help your case. 

Perhaps buying a trinket for both Shinobu and Kanao?

You thought maybe if you said you went out to buy something to help them you could've easily covered up the fact that you ran off because you were a coward. 

You didn't feel bad for lying, you thought it was for the best.

As the sun was rising, and the shops in the town you were currently walking through were opening, you decided to buy them something that could hold deep meaning and a sign of memorial for their dear sibling Kanae.

You were saddened by the fact that Kanae has passed, you guys were close too. As said before, you were like sisters. You will never forget all the conversations you had with her, especially the 'girly' talk.

.

"Have you ever had a crush [Name]?"

"A crush?"  You put a finger on your chin, hinting that you were deeply thinking.

You thought, instead of talking about your history of liking people, you decided to tease Kanae.

"Y'know, I've seen the white haired boy stare at you..."

She already knew who you were talking about, "Nuh uh!! I only tend to him, there's absolutely nothing going on!!" She answered completely embarrassed, covering her reddened face with her hands.

You however held no mercy.

"Oh come on! That boy comes to the infirmary almost every mission! It's as if he gets harmed only to see you!" 

She lightly hit your shoulder, silently telling you to stop.

"So what, you've never had a crush [name]??" She wanted something to tease you with too.

You thought about it for a second, "Hmm, no."

Your short reply had her anticipating face switch to disappointment.

"There's no way you don't have one! Is there literally no one you have a little crush on?" She pushed for an answer further.

"Well... We don't talk anymore," You now shared the disappointed look.

"Aw don't worry [Name], maybe there will come a day where you talk again!"

"I sure hope so," Was your last reply to the conversation about boys.