eight

(Tommy POV)

I felt a pair of hands gently grip my shoulders and shake me into consciousness. I flinched at the brightness from the fan light, and let out a yawn.

"Hey bud, rise and shine." I made out the quiet voice to be Techno. "sorry to wake you, but I wanted to take you to see something, so why don't you get dressed and head downstairs."

By now Techno had left and I was sitting up in bed. Take me somewhere? I thought to myself, I shrugged and carefully maneuvered my way out of Tubbo's grasp, who was still passed out next to me.I glanced over at the clock, 4:30???. Where the hell was he taking me at 4:30 in the morning. After throwing on some joggers and a sweatshirt, I started downstairs.

"Hey, you ready?" Techno asked, sounding way to excited at this hour.

I only gave a slight nod and followed him out to the garage. I sleepily made it into the car and plopped down into the passenger seat.

"Hey, if you don't mind me asking, where exactly are we going?" I asked with yet another yawn at the end.

"Don't worry, you'll see." Techno said. Oh great, totally not a suspicious answer.I would have protested, but I felt a warmness come over me.

Seat Warmers.

I cozied up into the seat and settled my head on the seatbelt, trying to keep my eyes open, at some point I must have drifted off because the next thing I knew it was bright outside and we were driving past miles and miles of plains.

"Oh great, your up, were almost there." Techno said with a smile

.

"How long have we been driving?" I asked sitting up, wincing at the knot in my neck. "Well it's 7:26 so... 3 hours, I think."

My eyes widened. Techno gave a slight smile, and silent laugh at my reaction. It was nice to see some kind of emotion on Techno, he was usually very blank and hard to see through, but now he seemed happy, and peaceful, I liked this Techno.

"Don't worry, it's just up the road, maybe 15 minutes." he said.

I let out a sigh, and turned to look out the window, it was nice outside, the sun was just coming over the horizon, and the warmth was falling over all the land. A quick 15 minutes later Techno pulled over on the side of the road, which didn't look like much except for more plains.

"You sure this is the place." I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah yeah, I know it don't look like much, but you'll see." he said getting out of the car. I quickly followed and got out.

"Now follow me, and I'll show you what I brought you to see."

After what seemed to be forever of hiking, it really was only about 10 minutes, we arrived at what seemed to be the edge a cliff, with a bench on the end. I stood for a second and took in everything around me, the bench was wooden, and looked worn, but still in good shape. There was a huge oak tree to the right, shading half of the bench, and finally it was surrounded by overgrown grass, and flowers. It was really beautiful. Techno walked over to the bench and took a seat, patting the spot next to him, signaling for me to come and join him.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Techno said looking out at the sunrise.

I nodded and turned to male. "Techno, why did you bring me here," I asked still confused.

"Tommy I wanted to talk to you about- well everything I guess." Techno said, to which I gave a small nod and he continued. "I know these past few weeks have been a lot, with moving in, and Tubbo, and Phil dropping that bomb on you yesterday, but I just wanted to let you know that you have someone who's here for you, I'm here for you Tommy, if you ever need me."

I looked at the ground, suddenly I felt selfish, these people cared about me, and wanted to help me, they wanted to be my family, but I couldn't, wouldn't believe that.

"Look, you don't have to like us or even acknowledge us, but we will always be there for you, you and Tubbo are family now, and family protects family no matter what.".

Family, I thought to myself, the thing I lost, the thing I wanted so badly, for me, for Tubbo, the thing-the thing I had?

I had a family?

It was only then did I realize, I had my people, my family, my best friends.

"I have a family." I mumbled, reassuring myself. "I'm sorry Techno." I said, what was a sorry for...well everything.

"I know you are Tommy, but someone doesn't, Tubbo doesn't know you are, and Tubbo cares about you more than probably anyone does, so if you need to be there for somebody right now it's Tubbo."

I nodded "How fast can we get home?"

Techno gave a grin, and stood up motioning for me to follow.

________________________________________________________________________________

ok 857 word pog. Shorter chapter, was kind of just a spur of the moment idea, don't know how I feel about it, but I feel like I needed a chapter to kind of lead us into the end.

Also I'm sad to say I think I'm going to be finishing up this in the next few chapters :((. This was my first write, so sorry if the plot was everywhere.

Also I really do appreciate it, and I can't wait to see what the future of writing on here hold for me, thank y'all no much, love y'all :))