nine °

"did that person think it's your birthday today?"

almost instantly, hyejin's face looked like she saw a ghost. the bright smile was wiped off her face, replacing it with numbness all over her body. fearfully looking at her phone, she realised that she had indeed got the date messed up.

it was the second of july. not first.

"bro do you know who in our school has the initials of yjh? it's written on your card here," his friend asked, pointing at where the initials were on the card. hyejin unknowingly gasped, causing the boys to look around for where the sound was from.

hyejin knew she had to get out of the classroom before she continued to embarrass herself. lunchtime was ending soon and students would be coming back in a short while.

"1, 2, 3!" hyejin made a dash for the opened door at the back of the classroom when all the boys were looking in other directions.

taking one last look before she went back to her own classroom, all the boys were still looking around. all except one.

lee taeyong.

the boy himself was looking at hyejin with a confused expression, seeming like he wanted to ask hyejin something.

"hello? earth to hyejin?" minji snapped her fingers in hyejin's face, catching her attention. "you good? you spaced out for a good few seconds."

"yeah i'm good, just had some nasty flashbacks," hyejin shook her head, as if to clear up her mind. what she did in grade 9 was what hyejin considered as her embarrassing dark past. up till this day, hyejin still wondered if taeyong ever figured out that she was the person who wished him happy birthday on a wrong day.

"wait a second," hyejin paused for a second, furrowing her eyebrows. "taeyong said he's going to send me the photos we took together, but he doesn't even have my phone number or anything. how's he going to do that?"

minji shrugged as she said matter-of-factly, "i guess you're just going to have to wait for taeyong to get your contact somehow to send you those pictures he promised,"

hyejin sighed, disappointed that she might not be able to get the pictures back. maybe i should've suggested using my phone for the photo, maybe i should've gave him my phone number before he left, maybe—

wait a second.

hyejin's thoughts were disrupted by the sudden thought that taeyong was friends with jaehyun. the corners of her mouth twitched up as she realised what she could do instead of panicking.

HYEJIN
HEY JAEHYUN

HYEJIN
HELP ME OUT

JAEHYUN
what

HYEJIN
omg you're
online 😳