👶🏻Eating for Two (Part 1)🍼

Annabeth wasn't sure how, or why. She was sure, though, when

Must have been last night, she thought, embarrassed. I should have been more careful...

She was, in fact, pregnant.

Standing in front of the toilet like an idiot, she shook her head and threw the stick away. Oh gods. What am I gonna tell Percy?

Last night, she knew they had knew this might happen. She thought even Percy wanted it to happen. But she didn't know if she was ready to be a mother yet. The responsibilities that came with it were huge. And Percy wouldn't be the one giving birth.

She sighed. Just then, her monster-proof phone Leo made rang.

"Hello?" Annabeth asked.

"Annabeth!" a voice called.

Annabeth smiled. She recognized it, of course.

"Hey, Pipes." she said, smiling. "What are you calling me for?"

"I just...wanted to tell you...something." Piper said uncertainly.

"Yeah?" Annabeth said, concerned.

"I-I'm pregnant." Piper said shakily.

"Oh gods, really?" Annabeth squealed, then toned it down embarrassed. "Uh, sorry. What I meant to say is I-I'm pregnant too, so---"

"Oh my gods!" Piper squealed back. "Have you told Percy about it?"

"N-not yet, but I'm gonna tell him when he gets back." Annabeth said. Oh gods. Even her voice sounded unsure. Her and Percy had only been married for a year, was it too early to start having kids?

"Okay, so I hope it's a girl." Piper said excitedly. "But Jason wants a boy. I think---"

"Look, Pipes, I gotta go now." Annabeth said hurriedly. "It's wonderful and all, but I got---uh, stuff to do."

"Oh." Piper said. Annabeth could sense the disappointment in her voice. "Okay, then. Bye."

She hung up. Annabeth slid to the floor.

She knew why she was so nervous. It was just that she wasn't ready to be a mother. She felt like she was seven again, watching Thalia and Luke tied up and hanging over the giants' pot.

"I hope I'm ready by the time my child is here." she whispered to herself.