Baby Names

Annabeth's POV

After hearing Percy's opinion on the baby, I was so relieved that he wasn't mad at me. Now I could look at my stomach without worrying, and I knew Piper was going through this stage too.

Let me just tell you, being pregnant sucks.

Even when I was just three months into the pregnancy, I started feeling unwell and kept rushing to the toilet to throw up. It was definitely not an easy pregnancy. When I was five months into the pregnancy, Frank had proposed to Hazel, Piper had married Jason (I was the matron of honor) and Calypso called me to tell me she was pregnant too. I was thrilled that I wouldn't be alone.

 When Chiron heard we were pregnant, he fussed around us like a mother hen, telling us that we should NOT eat too much Ben & Jerry's not matter how much our bodies wanted to and calling the Apollo cabin to do a check-up on the babies every month. Piper and Calypso went to see whether it was a boy or girl when they were 20 weeks pregnant, but Percy and I decided we wanted to be surprised.

Piper and Jason were expecting a boy, and Calypso and Leo were expecting a girl. When Leo heard this, he jumped around yelling to all the world, "BUT I WANTED A LEO JUNIOR!"

Yep, Leo had definitely eaten too much sugar that day.

One day, Piper, Calypso, Hazel and I were seated in Percy and I's tiny home. We were talking about baby names.

"I think I would name her Esperanza Valdez, after Leo's mother." Calypso said.

"Aw, that's so sweet." Piper crooned. "Um, I think we would name him Jasper, maybe? Because that's like our ship name, right? That's what every demigod says."

Hazel giggled. "If Frank and I have a boy, Samuel or Sammy after...you know, Sammy Valdez, and if we have a girl, Emily after Frank's mother."

"What about you, Annabeth?" Calypso asked me.

"Oh, I've already thought of all the names." I said quickly. "If it's a boy, Luke Ethan Jackson or Charlie Paul Jackson. If it's a girl, it would be Zoë Sally Jackson or Silena Bianca Jackson."

"Wow, I haven't even thought of middle names yet." Piper laughed.

"Middle name or not, I'm still gonna love our kid with all my heart." I said.