🏕Camp Half-Blood🏕(Part 1)

Zoë's POV

The summer was hot. There were loads of annoying mosquitoes everywhere. But I didn't care, because I was going to Camp Half-Blood!

Since my brother doesn't want to leave his "education", I guess we're just going to camp during the summer. He knows he can't survive without me. So we'll still have school. Ugh.

My friends and I waited anxiously to know if Sammy was allowed to come to Camp Half-Blood instead. Finally, after about two weeks, Aunt Hazel and Uncle Frank said yes! Thank gods.

Chiron, the camp director or something, said we're going tomorrow! I'm so excited.

Luke's POV

Zoë and I were packing for tomorrow in our rooms. The cool thing about our rooms was that they were only separated by a sliding door, so we could sort of do stuff together by sliding it open.

I could see Zoë frantically throwing things into her bag. Snacks, her blue IPod and blue phone Uncle Leo made, toys, more snacks...but I couldn't see a single piece of clothing, not even a sock. I stifled a laugh. Gods, Zoë was gonna go naked at camp, wasn't she?

Being the great twin I am, I called out to her. "Zoë, did you forget something?"

"Huh?" Zoë poked her head into my room. "No, I---" She stopped and stared at my clothes. "Whoops. You're right."

I laughed my head off as she ran back to her room and threw out half of her shimmery blue suitcase's contents and shoved in underwear and shirts. Gods, this was so entertaining.

I get why people say Zoë makes them laugh now.

Zoë's POV

Luke and I stepped out of the car at the border of Camp Half-Blood.

I squinted. "Dad, Mom, are you two sure this is the right place? It looks like a strawberry farm to me."

Dad winked. "Don't worry, Hurricane. Step inside that border and you'll see."

I nodded. "Didn't you say there's monsters at the border?"

Mom looked horrified. "Don't, Zoë, you'll jinx it!"

Sure enough, we heard a low growl.

"Uh-oh." Dad sighed. "Run inside, Zoë, your mom and I will handle this."

"Dad, I'm not a little kid anymore!" I said, turning to face the monster. "What's that monster called?"

Dad paled. "It's a Cyclops, Zoë." he murmured.

I knew by the look of their complexion they were thinking of Uncle Tyson, who was also a Cyclops. I knew they, of course, couldn't kill this one without thinking of Uncle Tyson.

"C'mon Luke!" I shouted. My twin brother was shaking, but he nodded.

Together we charged. Luke grabbed Mom's dagger, but I had nothing but my hands. How was I gonna defeat this monster?

Then I knew. Using the method Dad had taught me, I closed my eyes and imagined dragging the sea all the way here. I felt this weird tugging sensation in my gut.

And I yelled.

Water gushed down, wrapping around the Cyclops and squeezing it so tight it fell over, screaming before it even had a chance to attack. Then Luke stepped in, raised his dagger, and brought it down on the Cyclops's heart.

It exploded into golden dust.

Coughing, I dragged Mom and Luke dragged Dad past the border. I had felt a strange energy when I did that thing with the water, but now I was bone tired.

Once Luke and I were past the border, all I wanted to do was pass out.

And I did.

The last thing I saw before everything went black was the worried face of my best friend.

"I'll get help..."