Chapter 8

A long meaningful talk and a few tears later.

Cleo sat in bed thinking about the intense day she had. First she found out about, Rebekah and her crazy 1,000 year old life. Then she had to break up with Lewis, he was upset but he understood, he feels Cleo doesn't trust him, which isn't the issue. Its that Lewis would never be able to see her the same way if she told him, which is far worse then having them just see each other as friends. She barely slept that night, also thinking about the full moon in the next two weeks.

Cleo woke up already feeling like crap. everything was annoying her today, waiting for Kim in the bathroom as usual so she could get ready for school, When she finally got out Cleo had to quickly get ready to not be late and then sped on her way to school. Where Rebekah and Rikki were waiting for her, and maybe Lewis.

"Hey guys." She yawned as she approached them at school.

Lewis gave a forced smile and waved, Rikki had her arms crossed and looked annoyed but muttered a greeting.

Rikki and Lewis keep glancing at each other, She could tell they had been talking about them.

Lewis POV-

All through there biology class, there was a awkward silence between Cleo and Emma. Lewis was better at keeping his feelings at bay then Rikki, he mainly sat in silence while Rikki shot them intimidating glares. Rikki was a very protective friend, and she didn't like Cleo and Emma keeping something big from them. Because they both knew very well, no matter what they said there was Definitely something happening between them, he still had a feeling it had something to do with Charlottes disappearance even after overhearing them claim that its not. Speaking of Charlotte, it had been over a month and a half since she was missing. Police are even starting to suspect a murder, Lewis wanted to think that was absurd, but it made sense, he hoped not though he still cared about charlotte, even though she did do bad things.

The next break they all sat together. Cleo look sleep deprived, but so was Lewis, Cleo was so determined to not share her secret with Lewis she broke up with him, And they had a pretty strong relationship. Lewis really loves her, and still does. And he knows she feels the same. He was glad he had Rikki to talk about this to, considering he didn't specifically trust Emma at the moment. Lewis found it so strange that Cleo only felt comfortable with telling Emma her secret, she always told Lewis everything, or at least Rikki. But Rikki definitely didn't know about this. Lewis was good at reading Cleo, and he thought he could read Emma but she was so closed up, and always has been, all he can tell is that Emma knows what the secret is, but he couldn't tell if she was somewhat involved.

Cleo kept looking at Emma, it was like they had a secret language. It seemed Rikki had the same idea.

"Are you guys like secretly having a conversation, are you going to teach us or are you going to add that to your list of lets be secretive to your apparent best friends" Rikki said in a smart, but rude tone.

Cleo huffed and death stared Rikki. normally Lewis would feel no fear from Cleo whatsoever as he could never see her as intimidating. But the way Cleo looked at them Lewis had never seen. Even Rikki looked shocked, but she soon shook it off and gave an equally intimidating stare. Emma looked worried. Lewis didn't want to be involved so he developed a sudden interest in his lunch box.

"So your complaining about trust, yet no matter what we say you still believe we are hiding something" Cleo said holding her stare with Rikki.

"Are you being serious? For the past year of our friendship we have always told each other everything. We can easily tell when your hiding something!" Rikki replied in disbelief, Lewis found that a good point but Cleo didn't seem impressed.

"We shouldn't need to tell you everything, we have separate lives you know we don't have to tell you everything," Cleo growled, Lewis looked up and for a slight second thought he saw Cleo's eyes glow an almost gold colour, he shook it off assuming he was just seeing things.

"Cleo calm down" Emma tugged Cleo's arm, Cleo scowled at Rikki then frowned and turned around and looked at Emma worried.
Rikki looked confused then turned to Lewis "Come on Lewis" Rikki said getting up.

Lewis followed quietly

"Did you see-" he started

"Yes, her eyes. Like remember what Kim was talking about." Rikki nodded

Lewis had an idea all of a sudden. When he though about it, If mermaids are real, could there be something else out there? Rikki seemed to also be considering that.

"We can't rule our some other magical creature, we are mermaids. We have to gather what we have so far, obviously this is new, so is triggered by something, gives extra speed and strength, special hearing, anger issues, and when she does get mad, eyes that glow golden." Lewis gathered. He had a suspicion, he really hoped it wasn't true but he needed to be sure
"Next full moon we need to follow her."