Chapter 13

Cleo and Klaus stood in the dark at Mako island. waiting for the full moon to rise. Then it started, Cleo felt her bones start to break, that terrible pain, Klaus watched her.

"Your delaying, let the pain hit you all at once it will just make it quicker, it can go from hours to only several minutes." He told her

Cleo closed her eyes, she let it consume her, her bones breaking all at the same time, then after roughly 5 more minutes of pain it was over. She looked at Klaus in wolf form then bolted off, ran far and felt so free. She had embraced her werewolf side, she still didn't enjoy the turning, it did suck. But the feeling of being a wolf was great.

Cleo ran freely around Mako Island, Klaus stayed patiently the whole night, watching her. Then when you moon set she started changing back. Klaus looked away until she changed into her clothes.

"How do you feel?" He asked

"My bones ache, but it was the best full moon ive had." She said looking at him.

He did that cute smile.
For a second they locked eyes, she leant in her heart beating, she felt like it was the right time , she really wanted to kiss him. as he slowly leant in to there lips were about to connect when he pulled away and looked at his feet. Cleo awkwardly turned away to. there was a silence.
Klaus got up ans dusted sand off him,
"Best be off now, Rebekah will be wondering where we are." he said smiling. "I'll race you"
Cleo smirked competitively and dived into the water, as she swam, she thought about what happened with Klaus, they have such a strong connection, why did he pull away? Was it Caroline? or she had even begun to think the prophecy was more than they have told her...

The next day Rebekah and Cleo went to Rikki's café. Will and Bella were in a table across from them, giving them weird looks. Rebekah gave them a sassy, "What are you looking at" look and they started looking at there juice. Klaus had left again that morning, he had to go to New Orleans to see Freya his sister and Elijah. Cleo hoped he would be backs soon.

When Cleo and Rebekah's juices were brought to them They both took a sip, it tasted slightly off to Cleo but she heard a slight searing sound and looked at Rebekah who looked in pain and shocked at her glass.

"What is it?" Cleo asked.

"Vervain, we need to go" She said rushed and got up.

Cleo remembered that Vervain was some toxic herb to vampires. how did it get in the juice. She noticed Wills smug look as they walked out. When they were outside Rebekah was biting her lip.

"Cleo, I think there's a hunter in town. My bets on Will." She stated.

"A vampire hunter? Isn't that dangerous, will he hunt werewolves to? Are we going to die?" Cleo started to kind of freak out.

"I can literally not die, except for..." She hesitated. " Yeah there's no way. And hunters like to keep werewolves around, for certain reasons." Rebekah told her.

Cleo knew Rebekah was hiding stuff from her. There's only so much a 1,000 year old original vampire can tell her werewolf-mermaid friend she's known for a year or two. But she felt like she should know about why hunters like to keep werewolves around.

"What certain reasons." Cleo asked. Rebekah looked up at her.

"Well werewolves and vampires have never really, got along, all through history they've had a long term rivalry." Rebekah said.

"That doesn't explain why hunters want werewolves around." Cleo asked.

Rebekah took a deep breath. "A werewolf bite is fatal to a vampire, they want the venom to use with their weapons."

"Why didn't you tell me? You don't trust me?" Cleo questioned, frowning.

"No Cleo, of course not, I just, have to be cautious after a life of deception, I'm sorry, of course I trust you." Rebekah sighed.

"No, I get it, sure. But why are you even scared? You can't die?" Cleo asked.

"No I don't die, any other vampire not among myself and my siblings die within days, we still get the days of immense pain, hallucinations. It's terrible. Luckily the singular cure is my brothers blood." Rebekah sighs.

"So we're safe?" Cleo asked.

"Were safe, just hunters create lots of drama. depending on his skills, he could be very destructive. But Will is like 17. Hes definitely no Reyna Cruz or one of the 5 material. I would just kill him, but id rather not, I want to keep my good record." Rebekah rolled her eyes.

Cleo didn't get the Reyna Cruz or "The 5" thing but she guessed they were also hunters.

"Lets hope so, you think Will started that fight with Klaus to test if he, and you guys are like vampires. Smart move." Cleo shrugged.

"Hunters are smart, were not even to sure that he is one, but the sudden vervain in our juice a few nights after the incident with him and Klaus is very suspicious. And I was confused at how he got involved so fast and saying the stuff about you and Nik completely unprovoked, he was trying to get you mad." Rebekah told her. 

"But that was with me and Klaus, how could he know about you?" Cleo asked.

Rebekah thought about it.

"Bella could have told him. It looked like she was going along with Will and the vervain. But I doubt she's the hunter, her reaction seemed really authentic when she found out about us." Rebekah said.

Cleo nodded. She was still kind of scared that Will would expose their secret.