࿔ jesse ( his face, her eyes. )

ㅤㅤ✹⠀˖

𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻:
i give you the jesse content you have been asking for, enjoy. :)

It's a strange thing to think about: the fact that you grew up in a world of death and despair. It's even stranger to think that your own child will surely do the same–heartbreaking, almost.

A little boy with soft black hair bounds towards you, an old stuffed dinosaur in his chubby little fingers. He's sloshing through mud from yesterday's rain, very likely to make a mess of your floors when he steps foot inside. The little child hops up the stairs of the porch and stumbles his way to you, little arms wrapping around your legs with eagerness.

"Momma," he greets you with a cheeky little grin, his few teeth on proud display for you to see. You pause from your task of writing out a memo of your boyfriend's patrol schedule for the week–it helped you work out when you could go out on assignments and when you needed to be at home with the eager little man at your feet.

You gleam down at the child, scoop him up into your arms, this gets you a stream of giggles from the little boy, and blow a raspberry into his cheek. "What have you been up to, James? Where's daddy?" Your question only receives a fit of laughter from your son.

"He's coming! I raced him home!"

You smile, cocking your brow up at the small boy. Jesse was bad about that, letting your son win in races and anything really just to see him feel good about himself afterwards. Which isn't a bad thing, in fact it only made you admire Jesse more as a father. "Oh, so I take it the slow poke couldn't keep up?"

A shake of his head followed by ruffles of black hair bouncing about as he does and a grin. "Nope! Daddy's too slow."

Talking of the man, he shortly after rounds the corner from the backyard with a goofy smile on his face. Before he gets to the steps he sort of loosens his composure, deliberately huffing as if he were out of breath from their little "race." Jesse pauses at the top of the stairs and lets his hands rest on his knees.

"He's like a bolt of lightning," he pants though you can tell he's merely faking it for James' entertainment, your child only grins. "I'm telling you the Flash has nothing on you bud!" Jesse retrieves him from your arms, hoisting him up onto his shoulders to sit there instead. James' little hands rest atop his head, lightly patting him in a way that makes you laugh.

A warm smile rests on your lips at the interaction between your child and his father, continuing to write the last bit of your schedule down. The two males head inside the home, something about lunchtime flowing between the two. It makes you happy to see the two of them together, they'd been inseparable since the little man came along a few short years prior to this. Jesse was a little nervous at first–who wouldn't be–but sure enough the man had completely blossomed into a perfect father for your shared son. You're younger, sure, but everything in your world gives you a sense of maturity that a twenty something year old shouldn't have just yet. It makes you strive to ensure that your son grows up as normally as possible in Jackson.

After a few more minutes of writing you push yourself up and head inside the home. The smell of food wafts through the air leading you to the kitchen where Jesse is preparing sandwiches for the three of you. James still sits on his shoulders, hands wrapped securely around him. You join him at the counter to peer over at the little preparation station. "Need help?" You tease knowing he can handle it.

"We're good," he waves you away with his hand, commenting something about you fixing dinner the night before after a long patrol. "I'm a master chef."

You can't help but snicker at his words but truthfully Jesse was not bad in the kitchen. Sometimes, if he could find or make the ingredients, he'd prepare you dishes that his parents would make him. But you can still find a way to tease him if given the opportunity.

"Well, let me get little man at the very least." Your offer receives a playful scolding from Jesse. Soon after he turns to present a plate lined with sandwiches that he passes in your direction. You take it, naturally, and follow the two the the back door of the home. "Outside?"

Jesse nods, "it's still warm outside, grab his jacket if you're worried, though."

You hum in acknowledgment, knowing it's still warm enough for the little boy to be outside. It's only half past two and sunset isn't until five or so, he should be fine.

Your little lunch passes with light joking between your two guys, Jesse occasionally pauses to tell him about a baby deer he'd seen earlier that morning. James listens with eager silence to his father speaking, asking questions whenever he can get them in and receiving only the best replies in return.

Upon noticing the mess your sweet son has gotten himself into–a mess of bread crumbs and what you assume is mustard covering his cheeks–you retrieve a towel and lean over to wipe his face clean. He huffs, crossing his arms over his chest as you do so. "Momma I'm a big boy, Daddy has crumbs too, see?"

You turn to gaze at Jesse to find your son's statement to be true. Jesse's shirt has crumbs littering it to the point that you laugh, shaking your head dismissively.

Jesse grins at you, eyes glittering with mischief. "Yeah Momma, he's a big boy. You can help me, though." He leans close to you expectant for your sweet treatment that James had received, only to receive a sigh from you.

"I swear I'm taking care of two children." You brush away the crumbs from his shirt and place your lips on his cheek. A little, "hey!" pulls you away from Jesse's face before he can steal a kiss from you.

James slides away from the bench he's sitting on and crosses around to pull at the hem of your shirt. You lean down closer to appease him and smile. "Where's my kiss, momma?"

You smile at your child, thankful to have such a sweetheart of a little boy as your own. He looks like Jesse but his eyes have that same color that yours do. "Oh," you hum, pinching his chubby cheek to get a giggle out of him. "Now you want momma's attention?" He nods expectantly and shoves himself in between the two of you; Jesse chuckles at the action, mouthing something along the lines of him being just like you. You place two kisses to either of your son's cheeks, pulling the child into your arms for an embrace when you're finished.

"Ahem–" Jesse's hand taps your shoulder, making you glance at him–"when do I get a turn?"

᯽ ݁ 

❛ y'all have been waiting so patiently for jesse content that i decided to just go nuts and write something for him today.

❛ this is chapter 69 HA.

࿔ rhae ♡