❛ 005 ➣ preference.

ㅤㅤ✹⠀˖

𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻:
how they propose to you !

joel:
- if you think this man did not spend WEEKS planning it-
- tommy helps him pick out a nice ring from the jewelry stores that haven't been cleaned out by hunters (bc jewelry is soooo vAlUAbLe in the apocalypse )
- anyway he prepares a lil speech for you. <3
- steals you away from the community for a day to go camping, just the two of you :) (as if tommy isn't watching in the bushes as he proposes)
- ANYWAY he probably catches you by surprise or something, like you're just washing a shirt out in the creek and he's like "hey you got a minute to spare?"
- all nervous and shit like 🥺 <3
- he does the whole shebang and gets down on one knee.
- you probably start crying before he even starts talking
- "this was a terrible speech, y/n. but i just wanted to ask if you would do me the honor of marrying an old cowboy?"
- SHUT UP I'M CRYING YOU BETTER SAY YES
- "there's no other cowboy i'd want than you, mr. miller."
- tommy and i bust out from the bushes in tears. sorry </3

ellie:
- honestly it was not planned at all. no plan whatsoever.
- like she kinda knew she wanted to propose to you, because like? she wants to spend her life with you 100%.
- you may or may not see this in no light, idk yet.
- anyway, it's in seattle. you're in that infested building of stalkers and clickers with her and she just manages to pull one off before it bites you.
- spends like ten minutes standing in clicker guts while checking you for bites even though you're sure you're good.
- "oh god, y/n. i shouldn't have brought you here i'm so sorry."
- bam she proposes. it slips out with her rambling.
- "jesus christ i'm gonna have a heart attack before i even get to marry you. speaking of, would you wanna marry me when we get back home? you can say no but-" you cover her mouth with your hand
- you're shook for like a whole minute and ellie's just there like FROZEN because she said that out loud.
- but you finally come back to your senses and realize what she's asking.
- "oh god, ellie yes of course i'll marry you. a thousand times over yes."
- SHUUTTUP IM CRYING AGAIN

tommy:
- GIRL GET READY
- OUR ROMANCE? OUT.
OUR GOLF CLUBS? CLEANED.
MY TEARS? HERE.
- anyway he probably has a pretty ring from when he went back to texas in the first game, maybe it was his grandmother's or something.
- spent a week cleaning it so it'd be shiny and shit just for you <3
- anyway he plans the whole thing just for the entire day to go wrong.
- he took you out to the lake? it rained. found your favorite snacks? someone else took them before he got there. so he has to wing it
- "i had all this stuff planned for the day but apparently that isn't in my favor so, y/n, darlin' would you marry me?"
- FUCK YES
- "it's so sweet that you think i haven't seen the ring in your underwear drawer already."
- tommy's jaw drops, you left him SHOOK.
- "but yes! i was convinced i was gonna have to propose to you so this is a relief."
- <3

tess:
- baby it was not planned.
- tess probably just took you on a supply pickup with her and happened to find a ring in the delivery
- bill you sly fucker i see you
- anyway tess sees it and y'know she's thinking about it extra hard. you'd been talking about how you wanted your wedding to go before the outbreak not long ago.
- she was a little disappointed at first because she wouldn't be able to do exactly what you imagined it being like, unless you wanted a clicker as your bridesmaid.
- so i feel like it's during an intimate moment. maybe afterwards when you're just relaxing and about to drift off to sleep.
- she gets all nervous which is very unlike tess.
- "i have to confess something, y/n."
- "is this a breakup because now is not a good time."
- "no," she pulls out the ring all sly n shit. "i was wondering, i know it won't be like you planned and everything, but maybe you'd give me the best ending to a delivery day and say yes?"
- BITTTCH
- obviously you say yes. :)

dina:
- AW AW AW.
- she planned out EVERYTHING.
- she got the ring, she wrote a speech for you, found your favorite song on a record and presented it all on the first day of fall.
- BECAUSE you liked seeing the colorful leaves and stuff. plus she had some other exciting news to share with you. (hi potato)
- so she gets down on one knee, the whole shebang and pulls out the ring which is so extra where did she find that??
- no one knows except dina
- anyway, she tells you all these sweet things and how much she loves you. <3
- "so, while this may have been overly cheesy i'll cut to the chase. would you, y/n, marry me?"
- "oh my god, dina."
- "is that a yes? you're freaking me out here."
- literally girl c'mon homegirl is on her knee looking all pretty and shit for you
- "dina, baby. yes, yes i'll gladly marry you."
- NABSBDBR <3333

abby:
- SURPRISE YOU PROPOSED
- i feel like abby is the one to take most of the big steps in your relationship because she had to introduce you to a lot of things.
- but this time you really wanted to do something special for her.
- so you snuck off to an old library and read up on some books about traditional ways of proposing (seraphite way didn't seem appealing to you).
- abby's all confused about why you and lev keep sneaking off in the mornings but he's just helping you find the right ring.
- so so you get everything ready and you found the cutest little zebra plush for her because of her dad.
- AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF you found that one quarter she's been hunting.
- abby's all confused when you ask to talk to her privately, she thinks you're gonna break up with her.
- "i've never done something like this before so, uh, it might not be right?"
- "what's up?"
- "okay so, i spent an unrealistic amount of time reading books about this but they did not help-what's a garter? no, no, anyway will you marry me? is that right?"
- girl is SHOOK.
- "i honestly thought this was a breakup. so, i'm very relieved to say yes i will marry you." 

jesse:
- HE ASKS JOEL FOR ADVICE
- joel bullies him about it FJJDJF. all in good fun though.
- his mom's ring <3
- so he proposes to you on your birthday okay? at the end of the day because you had a shitty day on an extra patrol.
- at first he was gonna wait but y'know there's no time like the present. (that and you had ANOTHER patrol the next day.)
- so he comes in all quiet and joking around about stuff at first to see your mood.
- but then he just says fuck it and gets down on one knee.
- "my mom would kill me if she knew i didn't do this in public for her to see but, y/n you've made me extremely happy."
- "oh god."
- "will you marry me?"
- you said no.
- IM JUST KIDDING PLEASE
- you literally cried from both stress over the day and happiness.
- "yes oh my god, we have to tell your mom immediately."
- stop running across jackson in your underwear ma'am. this is a fAmIlY event.

᯽ ݁ 

❛ editing update from april 23rd, '21: i'm listening to christmas music

♡ ⃕ ℛ