05 ⟶ Honesty

Before we start. Can I just say how ugly Eren was as a baby? Maybe when it's animated they'll fix him up and he'll look decent. And yes, this is a legit panel from the manga. I recently saw the Demon Slayer movie and it was amazing! I may want to write another demon slayer fanfic in the future.

Also, I wrote this chapter in one sitting, so I hope we didn't miss any errors

Anyways!

Enjoy this chapter!

Status: Edited

Word Count: 2157

𝑅𝑒𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 -𝒥𝒶𝓅𝒶𝓃𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝒸𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐸𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝒾𝓈 𝓇𝑒𝑔𝓊𝓁𝒶𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝓉

2 months later

Carla POV

Carla was having a small lunch while Eren slept.

Through the window of her home, she could hear laughter from the kids playing outside followed by the gently early summer breeze blowing the leaves off the trees.

But Y/N was nowhere to be seen

For the past few weeks, it was rare for Carla to catch a glimpse of the foreign girl. Some days she would wake up to see your chores finished and breakfast served on the table, her own portion missing. Whenever she did see her she should look tired and stressed. The dark bags underneath her eyes followed by her sad smile never convinced Grisha or herself.

It concerned her.

Y/N was always around during the evenings to play with Eren, but for whatever reason, Y/N always seemed sad during these moments. Every time Carla would catch Y/N leaving early in the morning, she asked her to join her for a cup of tea outside.

Every time Grisha would force her to relax she seemed more upset. 

It didn't make sense... Why is Y/N doing this...?

Between caring for her son and Y/N, Carla had been trying to think of what could have triggered this type of behavior. Every night Carla always thought back to when her behavior first started to change several weeks ago...

Flashback

Grisha had no appointments for the day and the majority of the chores had been finished for the day. Carla had decided to make some tea and enjoy the warm afternoon sun. Y/N was playing with Eren, who kept trying to grip her fingers whenever she would wiggle them in front of him.

The air was filled with peaceful happiness.

Y/N always seemed to tease Eren in her own dialect.

"Angry German boy."

That is what she would call him, whenever Carla would ask what it meant Y/N would shake her head giggling.

"Come on. Don't let the finger win!"

Y/N kept wiggling her fingers in front of Eren, who now seemed to be getting mad.

"Don't. Don't you dare cry. Only wusses cry!"

Carla watched as Y/N tried to keep Eren from crying. Just Eren was about to scream his little lungs out, Y/N's fingers found their way on Eren's sides. The girl tickled him for several seconds as his whimpers slowly started to turn into giggles.