06 ⟶ Missing

I'm going, to be honest with you... I'm not that proud of this chapter but I did manage to make it as lengthy as I could! WHOOP WHOOP I apologize for not updating sooner, I had my exams and work and now I have to take a summer class >.> I wanted to show more Eren and reader moments but since he's still a baby it'll be kind of hard. But I at least know how I want the next chapter to be written out. I didn't know what to put as an image or gif for this chapter so you get a meme. So, stay tuned and enjoy reading!

Status: Unedited

Word Count: 3876

Reminder: English is in normal font and Japanese is in italics!!

2 weeks later

Y/N POV

You had decided to take a break from your training for a while, and to be honest, you were glad you did.

Your body was still recovering from the intense workout you had put it through, Carla and Grisha were both relieved that you weren't being stubborn. Plus, you got to enjoy staying home, and spending more time with Eren! (Sleeping in was a huge bonus!)

Yeah, that was a fucking lie.

There was no other way you could explain it, you felt like shit.

Even though you had rested up the past couple of days and had almost completely regained your strength, you still felt like crap.

The only reason was because of Eren.

After convincing Carla to let Eren's crib be in the same room as you, nothing was ever the same. You weren't told he would wake up around dawn, every day.

The first couple of nights were alright, somehow you always managed to put him back to sleep with his 'special' lullaby. Unfortunately, it only worked once in a while.

Bringing you to the present.

You were currently trying to lull Eren back to sleep, his cries weren't pretty, to say the least.

"Come on Eren. Don't be like this." You rocked him back and forth trying to calm his cries and it proved to not go as planned. His cries echoed throughout the room, you were scared that either Carla or Grisha would wake.

You were surprised at how much patience you had with this boy. This was a routine for you and you were growing tired of it. And the patience you had was running out. None of the lullabies you sang for him worked and it only resulted in him crying louder.

'Why else would a child cry their lungs out?'

You could tell you were cringing as you stared at the snot monster in your arms.

"Food! Eren are you hungry?"

As if he could answer, what are you thinking?

You made your way down the stairs and to the kitchen to see if there was anything you could feed this gremlin.

Unfortunately, there was no such thing as a refrigerator in this world so you were severely limited.

Your eyes landed on the glass of milk that was leftover from the pie Carla had made for dessert.

'Milk doesn't spoil that fast does it..?'

Worst-case scenario, Eren ends up having his insides ruined for a day or two. It was worth a shot. What's another way to help strengthen his immune system right?