Chapter 8

As I sat there I heard many people scattering and screaming, I wanted to run and scream as well but they were like right here still firing off.

I heard people running off and the shooting cease. I eased up, seeing the guys were gone. There were still people in the club, talking about the incident that just happened. I looked over in the section we were sitting in and seen a guy laying out with a gunshot wound to his chest, he looked like the same guy that called me a hoe. Hmph.

As I walked to go find Jazzy, there was another guy, which seemed to look like the guy they were trying to get earlier, laid out, and a gunshot wound to his chest and neck and likely elsewhere. The sight frightened me, but I grew up in the hood so it didn't frighten me too much—I've seen it before.

My eyes darted around the room, trying to figure out where Jazzy was. I couldn't see her and I begin to worry. I looked around, seeing Manny crouched down on the ground. I ran over to him, "Man—Jazzy!" I said, seeing her laying there. She was awake—luckily, but she had blood oozing out of her arm.

"Oh my gosh, she was shot?! What are we sitting here for?! Let's go!" I yelled, trying to help her up, with Manny assisting me aside of her.

"I'm tryna be a boss but this shit hurt like a bitch." Jazzy said, fluttering her eyes

"Manny just carry her, it'll be quicker." I suggested

He picked her up bridal style and we rushed to his car.

He placed her in the backseat and I sat back there with her, talking to her and keeping her awake.

We made it to the emergency room and rushed inside to alarm the front desk receptionist that she had been shot. Almost immediately they brought out a rolling hospital bed and laid her on it.

I wanted to follow after but I know they'll stop me in my tracks.

"I'll be right here, baby!" I yelled as they adjusted her on the bed

"I'm fine, I'm hardbody , I got this." She said as they begin to roll her away.

I sat in the waiting room chair fully stressed out, brain roaming at a 100mph speed. I glanced down at my outfit, seeing all types of dirt and soot all over the white outfit I stressed so hard to find.

I took the jacket off to cool off, I've been so worked up all night now in burning up.

"Jalia, you bleeding." Manny frantically said

"Where?" I asked, looking for the blood

He pointed to my arm, pointing to the back of it.

There was a stain of blood seeping through my white sleeve.

"How am I bleeding? I didn't get hit, I was behind the lounge couch."

"You could've gotten grazed, those bullets were flying fast and in every direction. It could've ricocheted."

"I don't feel anything, and I didn't at the moment. But my adrenaline was rushing and I was scared so I can understand why." I replied

"And it still is, but you'll feel it later. Though it's not a shot, but you should still go back and get it checked out." He said

I went ahead and went to the front desk and informed the receptionist of what happened. A doctor eventually came out and took me to the back to take a look at my arm.

"You were indeed grazed. You'll need about 6 to 7 stitches since the depth of the wound is too big to leave open. I'm going to sterilize it first, apply the stitches and dress the wound." She said