Chapter 13

As I locked my front door I heard Gia's door open.

"Sounds like someone wasn't in the mood last night. You told your friend off and left him at your door." She said

I side eyed her as I walked pass her door, "You'll learn to mind yo' own business one day." I said, pressing the button for the elevator

I got on and pressed the appropriate button and waited for it to stop.

Luckily I don't work today so I thought why not spend some time with myself and do something therapeutic for myself. I plan to go get my nails and feet done, get me something to eat and do some shopping. Sounds therapeutic enough for me.

Chris

Damn, why did she have to realize her worth last night? Right after I done worked myself up, thinking I'm about to get in that and drove all the way over there only for her to send me off.

If you ask me, she had the perfect time to be sensible and tell me the fuck off but she didn't...

Flashback to 3 1/2 months ago

I collapsed on top of her, panting for breath. I quickly got myself together and got off of her, no need to stick around on some lovey dovey shit.
Just as I rolled over and pulled my briefs up my phone started ringing.

I reached for it on the end table and answered it once I had it in hand.

I listened intently as Trey explained to me the situation he was in and how he'd need my help.

I assured him I was on my way and hung up.

"Leaving so soon?" Jalia asked, still laying there fully naked

"Yeah, I ain't gon' just sit around." I replied

"Why don't you anyway? Like you don't even stay around for 5 minutes to have trivial talk, you just up and go—especially if your boys call."

I lightly chuckled, "Tuh..," I shook my head, "I don't owe you anything, this just fuckin'..plus, I'm needed right now."

She looked as if I shocked her but shit, it's real.

"Why do men have to be so...misogynistic? Why are  y'all afraid to love? Y'all are so afraid to love that y'all belittle and degrade women and the thought of anything other than sensual but uplift and behold y'all "homies." " She finished. Damn didn't she just over rant? 

I sighed and got up, not really paying too much attention to her words,  "This isn't a fairytale... love story, J, I'm not gonna fall in love with you. I'm too much of a street nigga—ion do love." I said as I pulled my clothes back on.

She propped on her elbow with the sheet covering her bare chest, "Ch-Chris, you can't do this forever. You need someone that'll be by your side and-and here for you. That response wasn't cute. You can't always live dangerous, whose gonna have you if your "guys" don't?"

I huffed, getting annoyed by her consistency, "I'm good, I got this handled. My guys got me and I got them. They know and now you know, I'll die for this shit. Ain't none you say gon' change my mind."

"What? That doesn't make it-"

"You wanna continue whatever this is we have, right?"

"Yeah, but—"

"Then understand." And just like that, I left

End of flashback

Instead of her finding her voice last night she could've when she had her moment when I had her lip on the floor.