Worth The Wait (A One Direction Fan Fiction)

"I can't believe you did that!" I scream at my boyfriend, Chase, as I storm into my tour bus.

"It's not that big of a deal." Chase shrugs, plopping down on one of the couches.

I toss my duffel bag on the floor. "Not that big of a deal?! You were a complete jerk to my fans!" I glare at him, angrily.

"They wouldn't shut up, and I was getting a headache." Chase sprawls out on the couch, grabbing the remote to the flat screen tv.

"I don't care if you had a headache! Those are my fans! You told them to all shut the eff up! That is the most disrespectful thing to do!" I snatch the remote out of his hand.

Chase rolls his eyes, clearly annoyed. "Does it look like I care? All of your fans are annoying. They never shut up. Someone needed to put them in their place." He walks over to the mini fridge.

"My fans did nothing wrong! If anything you are the annoying one. What happened to the old you? You used to be so sweet and caring. Now you are a complete jerk!" I push him against his chest.

Chase straightens up to his full six foot height to tower over me. "You want to know why I changed? I changed once I realised that you have been using me this entire time! You were never into me!"

My mouth drops open in shock. "What are you talking about?! I've always liked you! I have never used you!"

"Bullsh*t!" Chases shouts, causing me to flinch. "When did you think that I would figure out that you never loved me? You have always been in love with him! I am so stupid for not noticing before!"

My eyebrows furrow together in confusion. "What are you talking about?! I'm not in love with anyone!"

"Don't lie to me!" Chase screams at me, slamming the fridge door shut. "You have been in love with him ever since we started dating!"

What is he talking about? I don't love anyone.

I throw my hands up in the air. "Who are you talking about?"

"Louis Tomlinson!" Chases screams, loudly. I open my mouth to respond, but freeze when I hear my ex's name. "And, that proves that I'm correct. We're done." Chase pushes past me and storms out of my tour bus.

I'm not in love with Louis. I haven't heard from him in two years. After the world tour with Olly, Louis and I lost touch. We haven't spoken since. Why would Chase assume that I still love him?

"Carter? Carter, wake up."

My body shakes from side to side gently, pulling me from my dream. My brown eyes flutter open to see Riley, standing above me, with a small smile on his face. Why is he waking me up so early?

"Did you dream about it again?" Riley guesses.

I nod my head once. "Yeah. I don't know why I keep dreaming about that night." I sit up to lean against my headboard.

"Maybe because you know it is true?" Riley suggests with his eyebrows raised.

My head snaps to look at him. "What?! Why does everyone assume I still love Louis?"

Riley chuckles. "Do you not remember what you searched on the Internet when you came home from your tour?" I frown at Riley, confused. "You stayed up to three in the morning to see if Louis was dating that Tori girl."

A warmth spreads across my cheeks like a wildfire. "I was curious. Everyone was saying they were together." I defend myself.

"Why did it bother you so much? You haven't heard from Louis since Olly's world tour." Riley walks over to my bedroom window to open the curtains.